Monday, June 23, 2008

Make a House a Home Challenge

Photobucket
Suzanne, has offered the Make the House a Home Challenge for the month of June.
I love to bring the outside in. Whether it is a spray of fresh holly, a smathering of fall leaves on the table, a cluster of fresh blooms, or an arrangement of silk posies on the hall tree, flowers are a must in the house.Photobucket I was delighted to find this handled glass vase on sale at Pier 1 yesterday to hang on my hall door. What a great way to showcase my hydrangeas.Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket These silk orchids are reminesient of the flowers we used in Amanda's wedding. Photobucket

I fell in live with this urn I found at Tuesday Morning-very medieval! Photobucket The vase in this arrangement was used in Amanda's wedding on the gift table. Then it was all poppies. Of course, I had to add blue hydrangeas.Photobucket
When I dont do flowers I really wish to incorporate my love of all things medieval, especially all about my prayer corner side table. My dear friend Sarah made my songbook angel which inspires me to sweet worship, and the Christ,the cross, above all things, sets my heart and mind on heaven. I love my spiritual warfare plaque my dh gave me last Christmas. This vignette really sets the tone for soulful contemplation, communion, and fellowship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh Schotzy, I do LOVE the flowers!! If I didn't have allergies and asthma, I'd probably have LOADS of my own flowers in the house.

    There are only a couple of flowers I can have in my house...Tulips and Lillies of the Valley. I don't know why...just that these don't cause me any problems.

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~