Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Photobucket
Lisa at Blessed with Grace is hosting this food carnival today. Check out her site for lots of great recipes and kitchen ideas.
Today I am sharing my homemade vegetable beef soup recipe as I am getting all set for cooler temps. I fixed this yesterday and we really enjoyed it.

Vegetable Beef Soup
1lb package of stew beef cubes
1 envelop of onion soup mix
2 cups of water

Combine the above ingredients in a large soup pot and braise the beef over low temps (simmer) for at least 3 hours. Break the tender beef into smaller pieces with a fork.

Add:
1 can green beans
1 can corn
1 can red beans
1 larger can crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
3 medium potatoes, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp. thyme
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Cover and continue simmering 11/2 hours.
Served with cheddar cheese toast, it makes for one happy tree planting hubby!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. That soup looks really good! Hope that your new trees will work well for you! Your house is beautiful! Much love, Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great soup. This will be good when the temperature gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that looks good (AND easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH more comfort food... I'm liking these TMTT posts today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vegetable soup with beef! My grandmother used to make it for us kids all the time with biscuits! Sadly, she passed away without giving anyone the recipe. I can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look delicious! I've been in the mood for soup lately!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~