Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman Daybook

Actually, Peggy is not sharing Daybooks this week, but I thought I'd continue the tradition just to finish off the year!
FOR TODAY Monday, December 29, 2008
Outside my window...
A balmy Monday is dawning with mild temps and partly cloudy sky.
Just the kind of day to recoup and regroup frm a hectic holiday!
I am thinking...
I need to begin a new year's regin of exercise and organziation. We'll see how that materializes!
I am thankful for...
all the wonders and provisions God provides for me. God is sooooo good. I am truly blessed!
From the kitchen...
most of theholiday food has been eaten and it is great to start anew. I'm thinking of working up the cabbage in the fridge: Lynn loves cabbage soup.
I am wearing...
My cinnamon colored cords and camel pullover.
I am creating...
a new face to this blog. I am still looking for music that speaks to my heart.
I am going...
to see how frugal I can be in January. I think if I try to make it more of a dedicated project, I can do better. again, we'll see!
I am reading...
Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management
I am hoping...
for a change in the weather. I prefer cold to this balmy, humid, drear. I think a good cold snap and snow would kill off the cold and flu germs going around.
I am hearing...
Celtic Worship: Father I Adore You!
Around the house...
it's time to start thinking of scaling back the decorations. We do keep the trees up until Epiphany, but there are still opned gifts lying around downstairs. Time to start that organization project.
One of my favorite things...
is reading books on great Britain. I really love Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management- she was a Victorian who wrote the finer tips of managing the home, the HEEHEE household staff, and included hundreds of really fascinating Victorian recipes. Who knows I may have to kill a turtle and prepare one for supper in this economy.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Today: allergy shot, and I am organizing our family photos. I purchased some boxes and i lan to go through hundreds of them and collect duplicates to sahre with Amanda. Then attempt to put them in some kind of order. Over the past few years they have just been accumulating in shoe boxes. Daunting task! I also need to do several loads of laundry.
Tuesday: Put the guest room back together, hope to meet a friend to walk and go out for breakfast.
Wednesday: Lynn is off half a day so we may go out and about in the afternoon quiet new year's at home.
Thursday: the prayer team of church are meeting at a friend's home in the morning for a teaching on praying in God's authority- exciting stuff!!
Friday and Saturday: I am sure Lynn will have some items on a to do list around here which I probably would be dreading if I but knew what they were now. I suppose tis best not to know!
Here is picture thought I would share with you...
Photobucket
Isn't this just the grandest photo. I am so proud of Amanda and Joshua- both accomplished violinists this photo was taken at Virginia Tech near the Chapel. Joshua had performed at a wedding and Amanda had been chosen by the bride to do the scripture reading. Actually Amanda and Josh were married at the VT Chapel as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new winter background! Sorry to hear about your trouble w/ e-mail and scanner- maybe it's time for some new technology! :)

    Love you and have a good week and New Years!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~