Friday, January 16, 2009

Vintage Valentine Swap

Photobucket
Again, this has been such a delight.... all the exultant anticipation of awaiting to hear who your swap partner would be, and then actually making the contact. It is so precious when two folks from halfway across the country connect and you get to give something from the heart that you think might make your partner happy. This year my partner was Yvonne from Illinois. Right away we had a grasp of what we might do to make this swap as special as we could. And then suddenly early this week there was a beautiful package at my door- really early. I hadnt finishing purchasing my swap gifts. But, oh my ,the gift I was unwrapping was so beautifully wrapped.
Photobucket
I started with the small package first! How adorable!
Photobucket
A pewter pin of an overstuffed easy chair with a huge heart lying comfortably on it. Just the right spot to cosy up with my favorite book!
The larger box was spilling over with goodies!
Photobucket
Photobucket
There was a beautiful vintage valentine hankie from Yvonne's collection, which I love, a cute pack of valentine tissues, some cosy valentine anklet socks,and a homemade card that simply but sincerely says, "Be Mine" which is a very
powerful sentiment which I reserve for someone very special!
Photobucket
There was also this lovely hand made wreath, but alas the heart had come unglued in transit, but you know, I love it as two separate parts. I can spread the joy around that way!
Photobucket
Last but cetainly not least there was the cutest vintage frame for me to attach my favorite valentines on, which I did!
Photobucket
And so I hurriedly decorated my mantle for Valentine's Day and I am entranced with the effect!
Photobucket
Here you can see the darling hankie put to good use!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here I show off my precious Valentines!
Photobucket
Photobucket
So, many, many thanks to dear Yvonne for making my Valentine's Swap so very special and beautiful!
And....
Your package was sent priority mail today!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day! Love the way you have the mantle decorated!

    -a

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful swap package you have received Schotzy! Lucky you!! I love the wreath most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE Carolyn, very cute! I am in that same swap too and love looking at the Valentines in the stores, to see what to buy and make for my swap partner.

    Hugs from Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Valentines display! Such pretty things--it's always so much fun getting a package in the mail:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~