Monday, February 9, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook~February 9th Edition
Outside my window... since I am later than usual, the sun is brightly shining in a clear sky! The temps for the week are mild and spring-like, no mater what the groundhog had to say!
I am thinking... I really did wish we could have had some snow. It would have replenished the water table as well as help to kill off some germs. I have been snuffy and headachy a lot lately!
I am thankful for...God's sovereignty. I can trust Him in all things! He is in control and knows what I need!
From the kitchen... I need to plan a good shopping list incorporating some homey menus since the kids are coming Wednesday for a week before they leave for Boston.
I am wearing... my terry robe... I have a hectic afternoon, so I'm lazing around this morning!
I am reading... 2 Samuel and How to Live the Christian Life my Christian World View handbook
I am hoping... That the next week with the kids will be memorable and fun!
I am creating... my valentine mailing list and getting them mailed this morning.
I am hearing... the occasional car hurrying past on its way to who knows where! Plus., there is a new motorcycle in the neighborhood that just zoomed past. Bah! I mean they're ok, except when the owner only knows how to rev and rev making sooooooo muchhhhhh noiseeeeee every timeeeeeeeeeeeee! It does get on my last nerveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Around the house... we got most all the work done over the week end. I still have a load of wash to finish.
One of my favorite things... sending letters of encouragement to our pastor. I enjoy just loading he and his family up with praise and blessings! Unfortunately he is always under attack in our church from several folks who just dont get it! He preaches with boldness and deep concern he is not an ear tickler which we love about him, but there are many whom the Word offends.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Today I have to take my dad to a cardiologist His blood work last week came back with an "alarming" report.
Then I go with my husband to his endocrinologist after that. I go yo my ear nose and throat man tomorrow and will probably need to be reevaluated with a new round of allergy testing (shots) again. This means I miss my Bible study on Esther again for the 3rd time in a row! Thank goodness they are running this series again in the evening this spring. Bible study with the ageless group on Wednesday and the kids come that afternoon to go to church with us and our new Christian world view class.I think Josh will like that. Thursday enjoy the kids as much as possible and then Friday Lynn and I are taking the kids to Richmond for them to see some dear friends before they leave and we can play around there together as a family= go somewhere really fun for Valentine's Day. I am hoping it will be Ruth's Chris steakhouse!
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
This is Ruth's Chris in Richmond. Lynn took me there for our anniversary a few years ago and I loved it so much! Fabulous food and service with a grand piano situated in the middle with live playing. So special!
For more daybooks visit Peggy .

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about loud motorcycles and the revving all the time. Some are just TOO loud.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the many blessings of living in the country...we never hear motorcycles!! Two years ago, we lived on a very busy street in town. Every Friday night sounded like a drag race!

    Thank you for sharing your daybook...hope you get to go back to Ruth's Chris soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That steak house looks awesome! It sounds like you have a very busy week ahead of you. I will say a prayer for your dad's health, and for wisdom for his physicians to know best how to treat him.
    Enjoy the kids, I know you will! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing an ENT tomorrow too! To discuss removing my tonsils, what fun! Hope your appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~