Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

FOR TODAY ...February 15, 2009
Outside my window...I am pleased to see the sky is brightening through scattered clouds and it is 6:45 am. A single crow is squawking "it's good day".
I am thinking...we have enjoyed Amanda and Joshua's goodbye visit so much, but only 2 days to go.
I am thankful for...this time we have had with them as they prepare to move to Boston on Wednesday.
From the kitchen...the smell of fresh ground, brewing Arabica coffee is wafted up the stairs. There is another thing for which I am thankful. Lynn grinds and brews the morning coffee every morning !
I am wearing...I'm still in my robe, but I will be wearing jeans and my green sweater set today!
I am creating... I have purchased some new elements that I am going to use to create a new spring door decoration this week. I am anxious to begin my spring decorating . That will give me something to focus on besides the kids' leaving.
I am going...to be also concentrating on the church prayer ministry plans with our team much more in the coming weeks. It is time to be focusing now on the developing the Upper Room prayer sanctuary in our church.
I am reading...2 Samuel for Sunday School, and Thinking like a Christian, my Christian world view handbook for Bible study
I am hearing...Lynn rustling papers in his study now that he has brought me my coffee!
Around the house...I am taking down all that remains of the winter decor this week. I still have the snowman figures and papaphenalia in the sunroom, and will be reworking the mantle to put the valentine decor away.
One of my favorite things...are roses. Lynn gave me these beauitful red roses on Friday.
Photobucket
He has always given Amanda yellow roses,... she got these!
Photobucket
Photobucket
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Today we are going with the kids to Charlottesville to meet a couple of their good friends to have lunch and say goodbye and mom and dad are having us over for dinner tonight. we will probably play our favorite card game as well.
Tuesday we have a few last errands to run and take my dad to the doctor for his final test to determine why he has congestive heart failure prior to our big meeting with the cardiologist on Thursday.
Wednesday the kids leave really early for their 12 hour drive and I will take my mom to Bible Study. Lynn and I have fellowship dinner and our CV class wed evening.
Thursday I take mom and dad to the cardiologist to hear the outcome of his testing.
Friday night I have a woman's ministry dinner and a movie at church. We are watching Love Comes Softly, which I love!
Saturday the prayer team meets for prayer and then we are going to Colleen's home for coffee and a teaching on effective prayer.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Photobucket
We had my parents over for a Valentine dinner and it was so sweet having Amanda to help host! I don't have to tell you how much I am going to miss them. I just have to give it to the Lord!

Visit Peggy for more daybooks at the Simple Woman Daybook.

5 comments:

  1. it is always bittersweet when our children grow up. I know how much you will miss them. Perhaps we could get together if you come to visit one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ponderings of the day book. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy Presidents Day To You
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love reading your daybook. Isnt' it so wonderful to start the week off with it? It's great! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you and Lynn in the days ahead, as you as you face the changes in your lives of no longer having your little girl nearby.

    I'll also pray for your dad, that you get good reports, and for wisdom for his doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great daybook entry Schotzy! I am trying to play catchup with all my blog friends, after my return home. It's slow going, but I am getting there! I missed your posts while I was away.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~