Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Photobucket
For more beautiful tablescapes visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch!
On Saturday evening we will be hosting 3 couples from our Sunday School class. I am honored to be able to serve these very dear friends, including one of our teachers and his wife. We are just initiating conversational dinners and have 4 other couples hosting dinners this month. I will be serving roast beef cooked with savory onions and carrots, rolls, tea, and coffee. The guests will be bringing the salad, veggie side dish, and dessert. This is such a marvelous way to get to know each other better and share in others lives. I have practiced my tablescape this afternoon and would like to share it with you.
I recently purchased my Churchill Brook dishes which I love! When I first saw them it was love at first sight. This will be my first meal on them.
Photobucket
I have been trying to spring up around the house. When I ran across these lilies of the valley at Steger Creek I had my theme!
Photobucket
I decided to pull together my bird collection as if they flown right out of the forest of an english countryside and landed under the spreading lilies.
Photobucket
Drawn by candlelight, they will seranade us with their birdsong and loveliness during dinner.(Actually, I will be playing Danny Gibson's cd of the classics interspersed with beautiful birdsong which I adore!)
Photobucket
I love the theme of this china. Ever the anglophile this english pastoral complete with rural cottage and castle turrets in the background tell a story right out of the Cotswold history which is home to my maternal ancestors.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I have been scouring the fabric stores to find just the perfect piece to make a cloth that would set the details right off, but have yet to find just the goods. Until then, my Waterford damask with napkins will suffice. I did find this beautiful silk table runner at Bed, Bath, and Beyond this week.
Photobucket
You might help me with this one. I could use maroon candles or these. I thought these would show up best, but perhaps they are too over the top. I want my guests to feel happy, warm, welcome and cherished, and comfortable.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I am trying to keep the atmosphere light and happy, therfore I broke out the bunnies!
Photobucket
But more about those on Friday's Show and Tell!
Hope you enjoyed your visit, and please do continue on to the other Tablescapes. I am always blown away with the creativity and beauty!

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table Carolyn! The whole room looks cheerful.... and you make it look so easy!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring table full of birds and bunnies is so sweet. Have a lovely dinner.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for these candles. I think they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table setting! Absolutely lovely! I love these candles. They look wonderful and fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table you've set! I'm sure your guests will be so thrilled to see what you've done just for them! I love your plates and the flowers and candles look perfect! I wouldn't change a thing! Sweet precious bunnies always puts a smile on one's face!
    bE a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn,
    I love this table you have set for this fun occassion. I love dinners like that where all you have to do is the main course. Gives you time to relax and enjoy everyone. Your churchill dishes are fabulous! The flowers are just perfect centered with the candles next to them. Enjoy your time :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. I love that table runner, and those bunnies on the hutch are adorable. Your table looks wonderful for spring! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It such a joy to have good friends, good food, and the ambiance you've created for your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the table. And it's about time the bunnies came out to play. The centerpiece is so refreshing. Great job! Peggy from PA

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created such a warm, elegant and inviting table setting, and the whole room looks amazing. I love the pretty china, the candlelight, and of course, the sweet, whimsical touch the bunnies and birds add to the theme. You are a gracious host, with a seemingly natural ability to create a welcoming ambience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely and welcoming table you have set! i love the bunnies... and that transferware china is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky guests!

    I've got a giveaway on my blog right now, if you want to stop in and see... but it's for blue and white Johnson Bros ironstone, not red!

    Best wishes, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great table! Love the runner and the plates best.

    Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great, just in time for Spring, which we are all ready for!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely table. I like your hutch with your rabbits! Hmmmm...rabbit hutch...well yours is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carolyn,
    You always have such lovely tables. I would love to dine at your house! Your blog is beautiful, with all the bluebirds and bunnies, and everything heralding the coming of spring! God bless you and yours this weekend...
    Stacey <><

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty Mom! I like the color candlesticks you have now, but I think your smaller fork needs to go on the outside ;>) LOVE the bunnies!!!!!!!

    I love you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~