Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Homemaker

Photobucket
On my bedside table:
Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management, by Isabella Beeton. An Oxford World Classic, this book unwraps the mysteries behind managing the Victorian household- charming, engrossing read for an avid anglophile like myself.
On my TV:
Fox News, the only news station of worth, in my humble opinion.
On the menu for tonight:
Savory barbecued chicken
steamed broccoli/ green beans
smashed potatoes
a delicious spring green salad with toasted walnuts,
grapes, dried cherries, and diced cucumber
devilled eggs.
On my To Do List:
laundry
lay out and plant the pansies and begonias
clean off the flower beds,
make a tablecloth for the kitchen table
read and do my stduy work for Esther and the Christian world view class
In the craft basket:
knitting a new scarf
card making
tablecloth material
Looking forward to:
researching the habits of the bluebird
starting my bird journal for this year
studying my hebrew roots
Homemaking Tip for this week:
Run your dishwasher only when it's full. Hand wash the larger bowls, so more will fit into the dishwasher
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
It would have to be Becky's Joy, Joy Joy Down in my Heart post.
Favorite photo from last week:
Photobucket
I didnt blog about this. but these are my gal pals from the prayer team meeting we had on Saturday!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Joy always comes in the morning. Last week I was in such dreadful doldrums, but what a difference a couple of days can make. Today has been wonderful!
On my Prayer List:
Our nation and leaders
My family including my parents, husband, Amanda, Joshua
Lynne's allergy situation
The prayer list from our Sunday school class
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Phil.2:4
4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Others,
Lord, yes, others,
Let this my motto be.
Help me to live for others,
That I might live like Thee.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post. And you sound very busy, your dinner really sounded very yummy.... I hope you find time to take a breath..... lol

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Schotzy, welcome to Happy Homemaking Mondays :)

    I loved your list and completely agree with your tip, it's what I do as well :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Schotzy!! I loved reading every word. Happy Homemaking Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~