Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

Photobucket

When we visited the wonderful B&B we visited last week, our hostess served us strawberry soup. It was to die for. I'm not sure this was the recipe but I am sure it is close!

STRAWBERRY OR RASPBERRY DESSERT SOUP -
COLD

2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries or raspberries
3/4 c. dry red wine
1/3 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. Cointreau or Grand Marnier
1 c. sour cream or yogurt
Whipped cream
Sliced banana

Thaw fruit and puree. If using raspberries, mash through sieve to remove seeds.
Combine all ingredients, except whipped cream and banana, and blend smooth. Chill overnight.

Garnish with dollop of whipped cream and...or thin slices of banana.

Photobucket For more wonderful tummy tempters visit Lisa here!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds so light and refreshing, just yummy ~ Thanks so very much for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful soup recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH a B&B. How wonderful. I hope you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the recipe. When we stayed at a B&B, a few years back, every meal was so good. We ended up buying a cookbook that the B&B owner sold. I still love it. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks amazing, and I'm going to try it out. This winter here has been so difficult, that thinking of raspberries just makes me long for spring. Thanks for posting it!

    And I'm so glad I checked out your blog. I'll be back!

    3girlsmom from Mitford

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh that does sound really good Schotzy!! It will soon be strawberry season here! (well in another month or two anyways!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really delicious. This would make a yummy, and healthy, dessert for my family. Thank you so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~