Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day in our family is very flower oriented. As a child my mom and I would go to the nursery and buy bedding plants to take to my grandma, and we always bought red and white petunias for my mom, along with geraniums, scarlet sage, and snap dragons. Now I love to visit greenhouses but I usually buy plants that can be planted in patio containers, or hanging baskets for mom. This year we got some great plants at the VA hospital greenhouse.
Photobucket
I bought bedding plants for myself and mom there and then Lynn took me to Walmart and he bought me some wonderful surprises.
I love this gorgeous climbing mandevilla. I hope to train it up this wall trellis and that it will bloom radiantly all summer!!!
Photobucket
What about this precious birdbath. It is even inscribed with scripture about the sparrows.
Photobucket
Lynn worked with me all afternoon planting and arranging.
Photobucket
Photobucket we were able to move the other birdbath over to the side yard which now screams the need for color. That will be our next project!
Photobucket
And Lynn washed off the front porch and we got things popping out there as well!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Everything is looking so nice! We're so excited about the kids coming home this week for graduation! Now I'm praying for great weather so we will enjoy our outdoor areas!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day tradition Schotzy! I really enjoyed all your pictures. That birdbath is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I can't wait to see everything! It's a gorgeous day here, I hope it's pretty in Roanoke as well.

    I love you!
    Amanda

    @~~~~>~~~~ (a flower for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! Your home looks beautiful.

    I hope you have a precious Mother's Day.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table!
    Delicious looking breakfast!
    And your yard looks beautiful. I enjoyed my visit through your yard. Love me some mandavillas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~