Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday

This weekend I made a dish I hadn't made for a while:
One dish chicken stirfry over curried rice
Photobucket
I made enough to serve six, but actually I shared with my parents and then had enough for 2 meals for Lynn and myself.
Rice
2 cups of water salted with 1T butter
2 cups of Minute Rice
1T curry
Boil the water, add the seasonings, and rice. Bring to boil again then set off the eye and let it do its thing! Fluff it with a fork occassionally. Ready in about 5 minutes.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Stirfry
1 package of chicken fingers, cut up into small pieces
1 red pepper cut into strips
1 red onion, halved, then sliced thinly
Add into a skillet coated with olive oil and saute on medium high to high.
Photobucket
Photobucket
add seasonings
3 T. soy sauce
1tsp. garlic powder
1T.ginger
1T. curry
1T. sugar stir and coat well.
Photobucket
Cover skillet and turn heat down and let it simmer until chicken is done through. ..about 5 minutes.
Add
can of peas, drained
1/2 c. salted peanuts
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Warm through and time to dish out.
Place the rice in a serving bowl and spoon stirfry over it and serve! It is a delicious complete meal in one dish! My family loves this terrific comfort food and it's ready in about 15 minutes. I, also, used bits and pieces of things I had in my fridge. A partial pepper and onion left from the night before. You could also use things like fresh mushrooms, carrots, celery, whatever you have. I had about a quarter of a small can of nuts which I just threw in. Nuts make everything taste better.
Visit Blessed with Grace for more TMTT!

5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello; Looks pretty darn good, wish I could smell it...lol thanks for sharing...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look good with all the veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh Schotzy! That looks incredibly delicious!! I can just taste it now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~