Monday, August 31, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Photobucket
Tonight I fixed a delectable broccoli salad. The inspiration being the discussion I shared with my friend Dottie last week, when she shared about how her mom loved it so. I realized I hadn't made it is quite a long time and I had a lovely head in the fridge that needed to be used up... so
Broccoli Salad
I used a recipe that my coworker had given me years ago but tweaked it some, according to the ingredients I had on hand, so this is a variation.
3 spears of broccoli chopped
1 small sweet onion, chopped
1/2 c shredded swiss cheese
6 crisp strips of bacon, microwaved and crumbled
dressing:
1/2 c mayonaise
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. sugar
dash of vinegar to taste, about 1 1/2 T
Mix well and serve it up
Now I wish I had added the dried cherries I had left from another dish I made. That would have been the special secret ingredient... but this dish was a huge hit with my husband... I am happy!
Photobucket
Blessed with Grace hosts this theme each week.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, that is a real favourite of ours as well Schotzy!! Todd says he doesn't like broccoli, but he sure snuffles this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I love broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The salad sounds great!Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~