Monday, September 14, 2009

Spiritual Warfare

The enemy is a very real entity which the Bible warns us to... Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (IPeter 5:8)
At this moment I really feel that the enemy is stalking me... how strange that just this morning I was reveling in the joy that comes from the Holy Spirit... His guidance, counsel, and direction... then bam.. the enemy seeks to batter me with disillusionment, disappointment, and I am shaken to a low point of anger and melancholy! Oh, how the enemy is a divisive and dispicable being. I will not allow him to hold sway over me and my thoughts. His ammunition today has been cruel and defeating, his lies, subversive and daunting, yet, I will not be consumed by them... for greater is He who is in me, that he who is in the world. Romans 8 tells us...
starting verse 37... in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". Oh, praise you Lord, for your unswerving love, your lovingkindness which is better than life. That even when the enemy is knocking at the door, I will not be moved, for thou art with me!Together we are invincible!

3 comments:

  1. I, too, am sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen! May we all take these precepts to heart! I love you!

    amanda

    PS- love the puppy, Molson! So cute!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~