Monday, November 16, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket

FOR TODAY...
November 16, 2009 from Schotzy's Daybook
Outside my window... the promise of another almost spring-like day! With not a cloud in the sky, and the sun streaming in... I am thinking about a morning walk.

I am thinking...
about what to serve on Thanksgiving. ...so many choices and not enough time. I hate to admit this one.... but which my mom always wanting to do thanksgiving, here I am 59 years old.... and it is the first time I have ever done Thanksgiving all by myself. I mean... I've done the turkey, but never done the dressing..... mom's dressing is to die for!!! She hasn't even told me the recipe yet. I hope she remembers it!!!

I am thankful for...
blogging. This exercise really helps me focus on my life... what is happening... and what really matters. Sometimes I'll start feeling I don't know kind of blue and sorry for myself... but when I go to write about things I immediately start to see the silver linings in my life and I always start to feel better.

I am wearing... jeans and a light green shirt


I am remembering...
thanksgiving of the past.....at home as a child reaching for the drumstick.....the year we got married and were living in Germany. Thankfully, our friends, Vyto and Veronica invited us to their house in Worms, and she cooked a delightfully German inspired feast. Then going to mom and dad's new home in the country ... over the river and through the woods all those years... taking Amanda up to Mama Jean's and Pop Pop's for Thanksgiving...it seemed to snow before we could get home back then... oh and the traffic coming home was horrendous! Then our celebration shifted to meeting extended family at Myrtle beach for the week of Thanksgiving.. pooling our resources and sometimes even
letting Cracker Barrel do the cooking! Last of all, for the past 5 years we have gone to Amanda's for Thanksgiving and everyone brought a dish or two.
So here we are at another turn in the road...establishing another family tradition....the sky is the limit.... I do wish it to meaningful Just us and my parents... maybe a year for reflection and remembrance! We do have so much for which to be thankful!

I am going...
to be doing a little Christmas decorating around the house this week. Maybe working on a few table arrangements and doing a bit of organizing in preparation for the holidays.

I am reading...

Authority to Tread, A Practical Guide to Strategic, Spiritual Warfare by Rebecca Greenwood
This is a truly amazing, powerful book!!!
Beth Moore's Daniel preparing for chapter 11,
First Place for Health unit 6,
Experiencing God chapter 10,


I am hoping...
to be much more inspired to keep up with my daily tasks regarding First Place this week.... I need to keep my eating journal and menus written down as well as the Bible study and memory verses!


On my mind...
I am so concerned about the church universal... Pastors have gotten so far removed from what the real focus of the church should be... the churches have been lukewarm because there's nothing exciting going on in the church. The people are so complacent the door is open for strife and disharmony. God must be so ready to spit us out of His mouth. We are the"I" generation.What can I get out of it... we've lost sight that it is all about God, His work that needs to be done.. allowing God to work through us by the power of the Holy Spirit... Oh, God,, bring revival... empower preachers to preach the wonder working power of God and pull us in deeper, Lord!

Noticing that...
gray hair is becoming more and more evident in our lives!
Yikes!!

Pondering these words:



I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.Photobucket

From the kitchen...
well, since I need to make room in the freezer for a turkey breast, I ll be thawing something... let's see....


From my picture journal...
Photobucket
I am so excited that Amanda and Joshua are involved in such an amazing church. Yesterday the speaker was Ravi Zacharias! Wow!!!

For more Daybooks visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

6 comments:

  1. I've been pondering the same thing about churches today - it's all about show and making church "fun", to the point that we're forgetting about why we're there - to worship the Lord. I pray our focus will go back to the One who gave His life for us, and not on ourselves.

    Your pictures are always beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never done the Thanksgiving dinner, either. I am always assigned a dessert or side dish. As a matter of fact, I have only done turkey once in my whole life and that was just frying the breast! And I come from a family of die-hard turkey hunters!

    Good luck this year!

    Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will do fine on your Thanksgiving dinner. Love the picture of your Bible, cup of tea, and sandwich. And I can so relate to the grey hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you wrote about blogging. I feel the same way, it blesses me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the pictures you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Thanksgiving. If your Mom is like me she doesn't use a recipe for Dressing. I make a fantastic Southern Cornbread Dressing. It's been in our family for hundreds of years. I gave it to my husbands family. I'm sure you will have a wonderful meal. Your pictures are beautiful. I couldn't find where you mentioned the name of the church. I must be wonderful. I have done the last three studies on your list and enjoyed all of them. It's a pleasure for me to visit your blog. You don't have to thank me. I pray you will have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~