Monday, November 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...November 2, 2009 from Schotzy's Daybook
Outside my window... now that we are into daylight standard time the sun met me cheerily as I looked out. It is nice to have sun in the morning now but the evenings are so long!

I am thinking... that I wish my husband was retired.... he is planning on eeking out 2 more years

I am thankful for... his job and that he is happy at work... I know it is selfish of me to want him home, but he is very fortunate to have a job that he likes and that has provided for us all these years

I am wearing... my white long sleeved blouse which I havent been able to wear in quite a while and new khaki pants.

I am remembering... the visit we had with Amanda and Joshua in their wonderful home in MA. She posted photos of it on Facebook which brought it all back to me this morning.

I am going... to be taking mom to the doctor this morning. Her knee is not quite right. we just want to have the doctor look at it... I hope we wont hear any bad news....

I am reading...Beth Moore's Daniel preparing for chapter 9, First Place for health unit 4, Experiencing God chapter 8, I think,,, I need to get started on that today.... no time for anything else.

I am hoping... the right people win the election tomorrow!!!!!!!

On my mind... my friend Dottie! I havent heard from her in a couple of days and am somewhat concerned. I'll give her a call a little later.


From the learning rooms... end times from the book of Daniel


Noticing that... my hair needs a touch-up.... badly!!!


Pondering these words... Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind. C. S. Lewis


From the kitchen... I'm braising a pork roast to make barbecue.... one of Lynn's favorites... also i ahve abut half of a delicious Floyd County cabbage (fresh, fresh, fresh) to make some cole slaw... Lynn will be one happy man!

From my picture journal...

Photobucket
Autumn is my favorite season.... I took this photo when we went up on the parkway a couple of weeks ago..
For more daybooks visit Peggy at the Simple Woman!

2 comments:

  1. Great photograph! I am so glad you finally upgraded to a better camera! :) Fun, isn't it? Hope all news from the Dr. this AM was good news. Let me know!

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to my husband's retirement. I am three years younger than he is so he wants to make sure I have good insurance. I will be 62 next Dec. so he will probably retire then. I enjoyed Beth Moore's Daniel study. It was my favorite of all the studies. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~