Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... it is 6:15 am and the sun just isn't sure it wants to arise this morning or not. I rather know just how it feels.


I am thinking...what a wonderful visit we had with Amanda this past weekend... The weather did cooperate beautifully, even if it was blustery and chill. The sun was bright and the sun only flurried on the wind...the only thing that could have been better was if it could have lasted and lasted and lasted....

I am thankful for...that the good Lord was so gracious to us in allowing us to share in Amanda's life... he chose to put our family together before the foundation of the earth....pulling together a childless couple in Virginia with a precious bundle of joy from half way around the world.... He is such a wonderful God!We fully know that she was created in Korea just for us... to complete our family... and what a blessing!!!


I am wearing...navy slacks and red turtle neck.

I am remembering...today I lead our Body Builders Bible study class.


I am going... to be going to the tea room this week with the girls... always a very special time of fellowship, delicious morsels, and beauty to absorb... Yippee!!!



I am currently reading...
Starting Wuthering Heights,by Emily Bronte, today
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to get our reservations for our anniversary trip all completed today! This is promising to be quite a lovely time away this year! I am getting so excited!!!



On my mind...I am very excited about our church.... the move of the Spirit is very prominent and the joy of the Lord is building in the hearts of the people! Hallelujah!


Noticing that...
March is coming in like a lion....
It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
Charles Dickens

Pondering these words...

"There is no austerity equal to a balanced mind, and there is no happiness equal to contentment;"
Chanakya

From the kitchen..it will definitely be a left over kind of couple of days... we have left overs from Amanda's visit... yummy spaghetti, mainly, and bits of odds and ends to boot!

Around the house...the house is rather screaming for a general pick up following our special weekend...then, of course, there is the never ending ...laundry!

One of my favorite things...

this very first cup of coffee that my sweet husband brings me each and every morning... It truly makes all the difference to how I start my day!! Bless his sweet heart!!!

From my picture journal...


All good things come to a close.... Joshua had returned from his golf trip,
Photobucket
and Amanda was all packed to leave with him to continue their visit with his family...
Photobucket
until next time!
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story about adoption! The Lord truly knows just what we need!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a wonderful visit! Hope you have a very nice rest of the week and fun at the tearoom. Give me love to Leanna and all the girls!

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~