Monday, May 31, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook








FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook



Outside my window...Ah.... this first Monday following my release of my teachng contract
...I enjoyed the 37 years of teaching in the public schools, children will always remain my favorite people on earth... and perhaps I will return to teaching sunday school some day... as the Lord leads me.... but for now... oh let me revel in the prospect of no more school, no more school nightmares, no more teacher's plans for the substitute, or grade books.. (sigh) life is so good! So as I look out the window I see a beautful new day filled with new hopes and dreams... the essence of which are yet to be realized... love it!!!


I am thinking...about the myriad possibilities that lay before me... but mainly I am rejoicing in the contentment of abundance that I experiencing at this moment... abundance of God's grace and blessing!!!


I am thankful ... for the holiday today and that Lynn is home with me and we have a lovely day planned ahead of us...

I am wearing...navy shorts and light blue knit tee

I am remembering.... that i need to purchase a cabbage today at the store so I can prepare the slaw to take to the cook out at Gerri's this evening!!



I am going...to have a very full day tomorrow with my mom and just catching up on errands that have been neglected over the past few weeks... life has been so hectic.


Books Im reading.....

Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter
Book of Isaiah
I love Liz Curtis Higgs. I was priveleged to actually meet her in oerson this spring at a women's conference... I have read many of her books and this one is proving to be just as enthralling and powerful in message!

I am hoping....to get tickets to see Chris Botti in concert at Wolftrap in August... You can hear his easy jazz here on the blog.



On my mind...
several of us at church have been so taken with a previous study on the Church view as opposed to the world view in regard to how the church has really dropped the ball in allowing our society to propel down the slippery slope upon which we now find ourselves.... we are meeting together to discussing the church's role in the world today and just how it can educate the people and spur them to action in their realm of influence to stay the hand of the enemy in our homes, schools, community and government...



Noticing that...

aches and pains are becoming a tad more commonplace in me.... not good....

Pondering these words...
"No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burdened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in nowise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.
--from The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom, 1786, authored by Thomas Jefferson





Around the house....laundry as usual... bah!



One of my favorite things... blogging, and this week I definitely plan to catch up with it!! YAYA!
From my picture journal...

Photobucket
My lilies will soon be in bloom this season... I love these so much!!!!

This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your "retirement"!!! And THANK YOU for all the years you cared for and inspired all those children. Teachers are our best commodity. Have a great day! XO, PInky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun day with Dad! Cook out tonight, eh? Sounds super fun! When's a good time for me to call? E-mail and let me know ;)

    Love you,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your retirement and on a job well done these 37 years. LOVE the words you're pondering, what a great quote! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~