Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's DayBook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...I am unable to sleep this morning... top many things on my mind... I am up before 5 and pondering my day... the weather forecast says its mostly cloudy this morning with clearing during the day ...highs in the mid 80's... but the humidity will be high so it will probably be a bit uncomfortable to my way of thinking.


I am thinking...I have to be at the Middle school this morning before classes begin for training in administering the standards of Learning tests when I sub there at the end of the month for 6 days. I am praying that I may also meet with the computer lab instructor to run through the procedures needed for subbing for her for 2 days next week..May is really going to be an awesome time for me to catch up on my subbing days for the year...9 days in all this month...and then my subbing days will be a thing of the past.


I am thankful that Lynn's work has calmed down somewhat... he isnt staying late and working weekend any longer... for the time being anyway.... so we can actually plan some work days around here for a change... and the list is long!


I am wearing...khaki's and white blouse

I am remembering..the procedures we established a couple of weeks ago for the national day of Prayer... I will be going to the church bright and early to help get the day started....I was actually laying in bed this morning thinking about what we had said about documenting how many individuals participate in prayer this year... I need to discuss this with the team tonight when I see them.... that is one element that we have not fully decided..

I am going...to the Ladie's Aglow meeting tonight with some ladies from our prayer team..the speaker has a marvelous ministry in healing prayer.





I am currently reading...

Country Passions, book 3 of the Barlybridge series by Rebecca Shaw
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter

Rebecca Shaw's books are so engaging.... I had checked the original 2 books from the library a couple of months ago and thoroughly enjoyed them.. they are very much in the vein of Herriot's books.... except these books recount a veterinarian practice in a small village inYorkshire in more modern times, although the setting is so quaint, the stories are timeless... However, the end of book 2 was such a cliffhanger I was horrified to discover that the library did not have the following 2 books at all.. I registered my dismay at the desk and Friday I was called and told the next two books were ready for me to pick up... So I am the first to read these lovely last 2 books in the series.. I noticed that they had been ordered from England as I had already checked they are not readily avaibable here in the states.. YAYAY! I am quite ecstatic to have the opportunity to read them.

I am hoping..to continue my advances I have made in my weight loss program... I am feeling better even though I've only lost 6 pounds so far... I'm really hoping that is 6 pounds I'll never see again!!.


On my mind...last Saturday a group of us ladies watched a video on the work of the enemy in our world today which really opened our eyes. One thing which came to our attention is a deep concern for the errors in many of our new Bible translations...particularly the one of which i have really thought was a good translation and have used for the past 20 years. Much to my dismay we discovered that it appears to water down the true power of the scriptures by
attacking the virgin birth, removing the blood from our redemptive process, misrepresents the truth in several passages, actually uses a metaphor which describes Christ as a name for lucifer , removes many uses of the word "hell" and what i found very offensive, ha completely removed over 20 verses entirely form the scriptures, including one of my favorite... Matthew 18:11... For the Son of man has come to save that which is lost... There fore last night Lynn and i went out and purchased new King James Bibles which we believe are the most authorized Bibles for these times... This has been most disconcerting for me... for i loved my previous Bible... had it all marked underlined and so many notes... just the way i loved it.... I will spend days getting used to my new one... but I at last now feel that my Bible will be filled with the truth...

http://www.lwbc.co.uk/KJV/attack_on_bible.htm

Noticing that...
the stink bugs seem to be out with a vengeance this spring... they are everywhere in the house and they seem to be on the advance.... Yikes!!!

Pondering these words...

I just chanced to look out the window.. it is just 5:40am and the sky is still black as pitch and was amazed to see the great full moon beaming down out of the eastern sky... I just never thought it would still be in that quadrant at this time of day.... it fairly took me by surprise.

"The young May moon is beaming, love.
The glow-worm's lamp is gleaming, love.
How sweet to rove,
Through Morna's grove,
When the drowsy world is dreaming, love!
Then awake! -- the heavens look bright, my dear,
'Tis never too late for delight, my dear,
And the best of all ways
To lengthen our days
Is to steal a few hours from the night, my dear!"
- Thomas Moore, The Young May Moon


Around the house....I have to get my tomato plants in the ground...

One of my favorite things...
birdwatching
Photobucket
The handsome male standing sentinel atop the birdhouse guarding whilst his mate sits on the nest... 6 eggs waiting to be hatched... glory to God!!

From my picture journal...

Photobucket
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Great daybook as always Schotzy. Love the newest picture of Amanda and Josh. What a handsome couple they are! It sounds like you are having lovely spring weather now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your post,,,and congrats,, on loosing 6lbs,,,, you are an inspiring lady,,, have a great week

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this was a FUN BIRD WATCHING :-)

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~