Monday, May 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...this has been a gorgeous day... we awoke to temps in the 40's.... aw... I love seasonal spring-like weather.... and this afternoon it has been in the high sixties and a nice breeze.... I love it....the only thing we really and truly need is some good ole April showers... somehow we missed those and jumped right in to July there for a few weeks....



I am thinking...oh, how I ever wish it was Thursday afternoon... and these sub days at the middle school were behind me.... I will be working in the computer lab teaching the use of the spread sheet... prob my very least understood application and the operating system there is windows 2007 which is all new to me..... Please pray for me to have wisdom, patience, and stamina to make it through those 2 days.... I am trying to think of it as an opportunity and a blessing to work....

I am thankful .... for the three pounds I lost this week..... that makes 10 so far..... I am trying to renew my thinking.... God is so good to help me in this endeavor!!



I am wearing...my new turquoise sweater and new dark wash capri jeans

I am remembering..that this is the last year of working in the public schools... my last opportunities to work with kids in that arena.... my last day to ever step foot in my old elementary school after 37 years will be this Friday when I sub in second grade.... a great relief after the previous 2 days.

I am going...to the symphony tonight! The programme:
An American Landscape

Roanoke Symphony Orchestra

Copland - Billy the Kid: Suite
Tower - Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman
Gershwin - An American in Paris
Margolis - The Millcreek at Waxman's Crossing
Rodgers - Victory at Sea
Bernstein - Selections from "West Side Story"

Oh, this promises to be quite wonderful and uplifting... some of my very favorites!


I am currently reading...

One Hot Country Summer, book 4 in the Barleybridge series by Rebecca Shaw
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter

I realize there are other books in this series which the library has not purchased and they are only available in the UK... I hope this one wont be a terrible cliffhanger... I probably should have stopped with book three because everything in that was all tied up in a nice little package and all the issues were neatly and amicably resolved... I just love these books!!!

I am hoping..to hear from my facebook friend today... he had some heart issues late last week and was feeling better over the weekend. But he has been completely absent from the scene today.. he is an elderly European man living in Sweden and he is all alone... and is a precious friend... pray with me that he is well, and above all that he will make right choices pertaining to his life... it is difficult with no one to help guide one through the struggles of life.

On my mind...I have been reminded yet again of the craftiness and subtlety of the enemy of our souls... and just how very rampant he and his minions are in these days...our only hope in this world is the mercy and grace of our loving Father in heaven!!
.

Noticing that...
the pollen has been worse again this week and I believe it must be the lamb's foot weed with is my worst allergen because my head aches all the time!!It was great to get the porch all cleaned off and the car washed today!!


Pondering these words...

"It was such a spring day as breathes into a man an ineffable yearning, a painful sweetness, a longing
that makes him stand motionless, looking at the leaves or grass, and fling out his arms to embrace
he knows not what."
- John Galsworthy


Around the house....I have to get my tomato plants in the ground...

One of my favorite things...
meeting new and chatting with new friends in the FarmTown game... I have some really great "friends' I enjoy chatting with daily from England, Australia, Sweden, Canada, and Japan... it is always amazing to me that we can chat across the fence as it were yet be continents apart.

From my picture journal...
Photobucket

This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Your picture is lovely. Praying for your friend. Hope you hear from him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog, so calming and inviting. Enjoyed stopping by today and blessings to you and I know the concert will be wonderful. I enjoy those type of events as well. I'm assuming it is taking place in Roanoke, VA. I lived in Lynchburg for several years and that is were my husband and I were married.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~