Thursday, June 24, 2010

Remembrance and Devotion

Photobucket

My favorite flower of all time are blue hydrangeas... so exquisite in form, and beauty.... they' re lovely as they bloom in abundance...
Photobucket
They cluster so magnificently ranging in colors of palest to deepest hues...
Photobucket

Photobucket

They are welcome just anywhere in my home...as they bring to mind days gone by...
they were my next door neighbors flowers growing majestically by the garden gate
they resonate in my memory with family reunions... bunched together in vases on the church picnic tables laden with favorite dishes filled with everyone's most delicious recipes...
and large billowy sprays of them filled the cemetery baskets grandma arranged for Decoration Day
Photobucket
I picked this bouquet this morning... and as I was arranging them I chanced to remember that the book I received last year explained the meaning of flowers....
Is it any wonder that hydrangeas symbolize devotion and remembrance...
Photobucket

So I wish to dedicate this arrangement to several new friends that I have met online in recent months...It is my great privilege to be able to lift these names before the throne of Grace and I wish I could actually give them this bouquet in person..
First of all,, my dear friend Ivan, in Sweden, who has been in the hospital for a while and who happily comes home today.... I look forward to chatting again very soon.
To Derrick, in Australia, who also has been having severe breathing problems..
Oh, how I pray that new treatments are being successful.
To Kevin and Jenny in Birmingham, UK... such deep yet fun loving spirits..may the good Lord richly bless you today!!!
To Stuart and Suzi, also in Somerset, UK, who joyously leave on holiday to Devon tomorrow.
To Jordie and his mom, Rosemary, in Florida, whose friendship and wonderful chats bless me everyday...
To Ross, in Derby, UK, a very sensitive and creative young teen, whose friendship never fails to amaze me....
May the Lord bring healing, restoration, traveling mercies,and especially the peace of God that will touch each one in the most special way...

and I am thankful for Facebook for giving me the opportunity to meet and make new friends ranging all across this world... where people can share and really get to know about other places and the grand folks who live in them.... barriers come down as you realize just how much we are all alike and that the bond that really holds people together is their need of or their love for the Lord....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn!

    I have been passing through often, but not stopping to chat. I absolutely had to tell you how much I love hydrangeas, and especially the blue ones. There are some absolutely gorgeous hydrangeas that come out later in the year here. I loved your post, and I didn't know that they symbolized devotion and remembrance. That's lovely. Your photos are beautiful, too. Thank you for this truly uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~