Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tea Talk



Photobucket

Ok, I am found out.... I am perpetually thinking about and planning to host a tea party in my near future... as the magazines pile up around me my mind is full of ideas,, twirling around in my head like so many falling leaves... aha! That's it ...an autumn harvest tea.... hmmm.... as I peruse this topic mulling it around as I sip my English breakfast tea... it brings to mind other thoughts.... alas.. it is 4:19pm a nice teatime for me at home,,, but now my thoughts drift to other teatimes across the great sea to England.. a teatime I missed for today but in my next post I shall share about my teatime thoughts ... too deep for this light topic..
for now I will share this lovely thought with our tea!

Luke 10:38-42

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things
, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


"I would like to believe that I have a heart like Mary's, one that stops to listen to God whenever the opportunity arises. I am afraid though that I probably come much closer to being like Martha... Hurrying about planning, preparing, fixing, organizing, making lists, and worrying. Will it all get done?

...but after all I am trying to be faithful to do, well, the tasks He has set before me. I need to remember though, that by far the most important thing I can do us take the time to sit at Jesus' feet and really listen.".. then I may be assured I am doing His will.
Mary Hampton, Tea and Inspiration

Now you will wish to join Ruth for more TeaTalk !

3 comments:

  1. Good advice for busy times! Love you and hope you continue to feel better! Have a good weekend,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello~ I had tea with you today. Those are good reminders to take time to be still and be with Jesus. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a coffee drinker generally; however, now that fall and winter are on the way, my thoughts turn to hot tea in the afternoons and evenings.

    I'm more of a Martha than a Mary. When charged with a task, it must be completed before I can sit down to listen. :D I can be a Mary, but only after the work is done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~