Monday, October 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

My Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it is a cloudy morning, and cool, only 50 degrees.. There is a 30% chance of rain this morning and I rather love this fallish weather! Time to pull out the sweaters and jackets....


I am thinking... I am so ecstatic about our church ... our new senior pastor spoke for the first time in that position and he is really great! We have had the benefit of Pastor Schemm's teaching for several months as he was our interim pastor during out time of seeking and healing following a time of upheaval in our body... He is a man of honor, wisdom, a great expositor who speaks boldly and truthfully from the scriptures.... yet, he is fun-loving, a fabulous role model and father to 8 children and desirous of bringing our church back to a place of love, unity, and a place where Christ is manifest to the world.... strife in the church in the past couple of years has really taken its toll, but brighter days are here, praise God! To see our dear pastor follow this link:
http://www.csbc.us/media/vidplayer.html?id=59


I am thankful for... God's hand on our church and His work in Lynn and my life together in the church. Yesterday was a real red letter day. Our dearest friends joined the church in the early service so Lynn and I attended that one and just really enjoyed the freshness of the early session... Then we visited a new Sunday School class and felt drawn to make a change in that area as well, so yesterday was a real new beginning all around...


From the kitchen... I am thinking I want to introduce Lynn to a lovely dish I learned about from a pot luck luncheon in our choir.. scalloped pineapple casserole...
This scalloped pineapple casserole is a wonderful accompaniment to ham or pork.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Ingredients:
•1 cup butter
•2 cups sugar
•4 eggs, beaten
•1/4 cup milk
•4 cups white bread cubes
•1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
Preparation:
Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Place in a buttered 11x7-inch baking dish; bake at 375° for 15 minutes, then at 350° for about 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.


I am wearing... Jeans and a sweater... aw... I love autumn!

I am creating... a cosy autumn home.... putting all semblances of summer away,,, removing the cool colors and pulling out the warm!

I am going... to the symphony tonight. This is opening night and the programme promises to be wonderful with a guest violinist
Tchaikovsky - Marche Slave


Shostakovich - Violin Concerto No. 1
Rimsky-Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee


Elgar - "Enigma" Variations


I am reading... so many wonderful things:
Healing Nations by Jim Tarter a study on EWphesians
Here and Now.... There and Then,,, by Beth Moore... a study on Revelation
Daily Victory, Daily Joy... a Bible Study from First Place for Health
The "Errors" in the King James Bible by Dr. Peter S. Ruckman.. BTW,, this book really demonstrates answers to every major attack on the words of the King James text, and shows that no error has ever been proven in the text.

and as I am able, I enjoy Lynn Kurland's latest book, One Enchanted Evening

I am hoping... to lose about 3 pounds this week...


I am hearing... Pastor Schemm's teaching from the above link... I hope you take time out and listen... it is really good.

Around the house... if it's Monday,,, it's laundry... but I have to go to Bible Study first this morning... and perhaps out for coffee with a friend... yayay!

One of my favorite things...I enjoy watching the Food network... how wonderful to watch Iron Chef and see master chef, Ming Tsai competing... We were thrilled to eat at his restaurant in Wellesley, Massachusetts this summer when we visited out daughter and son-in-law in Boston.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Monday:
Bible Study on First Place for Health, luncheon, laundry, symphony
Tuesday: Allergy shot, Kohl's shopping trip and lunch out with the girls, grocery shopping for my mom
Wednesday: Bible Study on Healing the Nations study of Ephesians, dinner at church, Bible prayer time with the Pastor Study
Thursday: choir practice, senior pot luck, Bible Study on Revelation
Saturday:having a tree cut down and yard clean up
A picture thought I am sharing
Photobucket
Alas, Lynn had to take the photo... but my other favorite people on earth!!

1 comment:

  1. your picture is only a link, not a picture? sounds like a busy week! love you!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~