Friday, December 31, 2010

My New Year Challenge

Philippians 1:27 says, whatever happens conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ... stand firm in one spirit. If I am to grow in Christian maturity, I must promote resolve in my future with a settled determination to improve my Christian condition.. therefore, I resolve to:
~Read the scriptures daily as well as dwell on them richly to gain competency of the entire Bible so wisdom will permeate my life.
~Contemplate the scriptures through memorization and meditation... to love what God loves and desire what He desires!
~To live in a peaceful state of mind...living in the present...practicing patience...and vocational composure.
~To pray daily as an act of total dependence on the Triune God...as an act of faith.
~To practice silence and solitude to cultivate and interior life...listening to God.
To deny myself unfitting expressions of criticism and sarcasm... to talk less and listen more.
To work hard to develop physical well-being by exercising more, eating less, and getting more sleep.
~Serve my family with joy and happiness by seeing acts of service as a means of self denial and really die to self.
~ Strive to live below my means.. giving more.
~Show neighbor love in tangible ways... including the jerk in the parking lot.
~To write a handwritten note to someone every week.
~To deny myself of any lingering lustful glance.
~To repent daily/ weekly of root sins such as greed, gossip, envy, jealousy, pride, and anger
~Invite those whom I trust to observe the details of my life to help me keep these things
~To assess my progress on a quarterly basis.
So... I challenge any and all to contemplate these resolutions and decide for yourself if being really true to your self and your own Christian maturity is worth it all. It certainly is to me.

2 comments:

  1. Well said and well thought out. May you and yours have a blessed year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like wonderful resolutions, Mom. Praying that God will give you the strength and will and perseverance to keep them! Loved our Christmas visit and looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

    Love,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~