Monday, January 10, 2011

The SImple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is below freezing... the sun has just gone down and we're gearing up for a wintry mixed bag of precipitation... I believe we dodged the big bullet that has crippled the south and appears to be basically skipping over us to regroup and douse the NE tomorrow. But we may get something tonight


I am thinking... it is strange how we put so much attention on the weatherman's predictions,, when the outcome is usually way off the mark. This time we may then actually get a foot of snow by morning. I really dont think they know for sure what we will get!


I am thankful for... that our God is faithful... what He says in His word, The Bible, we can count on 100% of the time.


From the kitchen...since I was not home much at all today, Lynn graciously brought Chinese take out to us for dinner.... can't beat that! I love my Yu Shaing Pork!


I am wearing... grey slacks, white button down shirt and navy cardigan sweater.

I am creating... my notes from which I will be team teaching the Bibles Study on the book, A Praying Life which we will begin in Women's Evening BS starting later in the month.

I am going... to be taking mom and dad to the doctor tomorrow and then mom again on Thursday. I am praying she will finally get the relief form her pain through the doctors ministrations. This time she is receiving a spinal tap! Yikes!

I am reading... A Praying Life, by Edward Miller The Christmas Sweater, by Glenn Beck

I am hoping...that Lynn doesnt end up having to work the snow event predicted for tomorrow.

I am hearing... traffic as folks are coming home from work... it's that time and Im sure those are happy cars... almost home from a hard start of this second work week of the year!.

Around the house... more laundry... that never ending chore that drains my life's blood.. I really dont enjoy it at all. But also it is wonderful to have reclaimed my living room and put all the decorations away.... so I can reestablish my Secret Place where I go to meet with the Lord and read my Bible.

One of my favorite things...I am very excited about my little Christmas present I bought myself... 2 dvds ---2 seasons of a BBC series, entitled The Monarch of the Glen. I love the refreshing storyline and the best part is the exquisite scenery shot in and around Scotland. What a treat to view it!

A few plans for the rest of the week: nothing new to report.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:
Photobucket
Photobucket
During Christmas while the kids were here we were able to take them to our favorite Chinese restaurant on a very cold and windy evening. Soup was the perfect way to begin our meal to take the chill off.

Amanda looks delighted to be there as we were all! Yummy!


For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!



2 comments:

  1. Great daybook Schotzy. I have not been very good at leaving comments lately although I do always read. I hope to do better this year! Love the picture of your daughter at your chinese meal! She looks very happy and settled. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my nose looks big in that picture. haha! maybe from the cold! love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~