Saturday, July 2, 2011

New England Pleasures

Would have to include dinners out...  actually  on the way home to Amanda's  upon my arrival  we stopped  in Dedham at  Aquitaine, a  lovely  french  bistro.
Photobucket
Photobucket
  Here, I  ordered  a delectable  hamburger  with  truffle sauce,,,  umm, ummm!
In Newport,  we ate at the Moorings ,   which had  originally  been the new York City Yacht Club...
Photobucket
Photobucket
   This fabulous establishment  was situated right next to the dock    to which  the Amazing   Grace  was  anchored..  and was   a most welcome  choice for our dining  experience!   Although  we  did choose to  dine out on the  deck over looking the wharf!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
  We ordered  a "bag of donuts" actually  delicious  scrimp, lobster,  and crab  morsels  fried up and  delivered to us in this  adorable  paper sack!Photobucket
And  I ordered  my favorite   Fish and Chips..  along with a  frosty glass of draft Guinness...  can never go wrong with  that
Photobucket
   I could have ordered something  more exotic  but  why??
ON Sunday  following  church services  in downtown  Boston  we took the T  to    Little Italy and  strolled down Hanover Street.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Known for their  fabulous  Italian  restaurantes.. it was difficult to choose.. but  we  finally  decided on Fiore!
Photobucket
Our choice was made easier  as  we  chose to dine on the roof top  dining  area..   Known for their  homemade pasta...  our meal was  sublime.   I  loved my  Saltimbocca di Pollo  , truly the best I ever had!
And no  trip  down  Hanover Street is complete without  stopping in at Michael's Pastry Shop  famous for their  Cannoli!  Oh, my goodness!
  Photobucket
Photobucket
On  Tuesday   we  enjoyed  a sandwich in Wellesley... at the Cottage.  
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
By this time we had caught up with Dottie and  her friend which  made for  a  very  fun  gathering in a lovely  setting  in a beautiful  town in Massachusetts!
  So  now  that Im home...  well,   its  a  a few walks around the track for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~