Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

Photobucket



The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.


The weather in my neck of the woods:
   today  there was just a hint of something  a bit  milder... the  temps still got into  the 90's  but  there was a sense that  cooler weather  will be  on the way.
Things that make me happy:
  a gentle touch, and pat of the back, a kind word
Book I'm reading:
The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee
Spiritual Warfare, by E. M. Bounds

What I'm enjoying on TV:
I am interested in the Food Star  challenge.. The  final  show of this summer season will be next Sunday night....  I'll be watching!

On the menu for dinner:
Lynn stopped and got us a hamburger from Sonic and a Limeade....   YUM!
On my To Do List
Monday-   take dad to  the doctor,  catch up day...  
Tuesday-llergy shot,  mom and dad for the  bloodwork, Mom to the doctor marketing
Wednesday-   Me   for  annual  medical testing
Dinner- adult Bible Study
Thursday- catch my breath day
Friday- something fun I hope
Saturday-   meet with prayer Sista's

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not in the mood for cooking this week  
Looking forward to this week
Im counting down the weeks now  for Lynn, my hubby to retire.....  we're below 20 days now.....

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Photobucket
I will explain....   this  property is on the way to  where I get my shot each  Tuesday morning... oh, how I love this  farm....   it just  tickles my  heart every time I drive past it...   what  scenery,    if it ever  came on the market  and  I was young and rich.....  aw!!!!!


.  


On my mind:
Trying to  find the faith to believe in my heart that  all things work for good  for those called according to God's  purpose....  it is easy to  believe that God's word is true and  real and alive,,,  but to  apply it to our heart  when   in the physical realm things  look grim.....  it is  a bit difficult....  but I  am really working on it!



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses

August 8   Adrian Rogers
God Keeps the Score
“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:32
I read something that deeply touched my heart about a PGA golfer named DiVensenzo. As he was leaving a golf course with his winnings, a woman approached him and said, “I have a baby who is dying.” Moved with compassion, he endorsed the check and gave it to her saying, “Take this, and try to buy some happiness for yourself and your child.”
A week later he was in the clubhouse having lunch, and one of the PGA officials came up to him and said, “Did you know that the woman who approached you last week didn’t have a baby dying of an incurable disease!” And DiVensenzo said, “There’s no baby dying? That’s the best news I’ve heard all week!” What an attitude!
Do you ever feel like people are going to take advantage of you? Be thankful today that God keeps the score. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend...

    I sooo agree! It is easy for our faith to sore and our witness for Christ to shine when all is well in our world, but when we face difficult times that is when the "rubber meets the road" so to speak! But it is in these times that we find out who we REALLY ARE! Our weaknesses and our strengths...and our true dependaecy in and for God!

    I really enjoyed your post today, my new found friend! Thank you for sharing it with us! Although it has been a number of years ago, I have read both of the books that you mentioned...by Watchman Nee and CM Bounds. They aren't what I would call an "easy read". Both books are filled with sooo many spiritual truths and lessons. Enjoy and may the Lord fill you with up to full and overflowing today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~