Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Favorites

Photobucket

"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance
to share a favorite post from the past!

For more information on how to republish a past post just click Happy to Design!
Today  I  want to share from last winter....
Photobucket


Carolyn , The Scrapping Servant, hosts this theme each week.  She reminds us that..

"As  iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.  Proverbs 27:17
My Walk Monday  every Monday is where we just share what is going on in our walk for the week or  just the day and link up here so we can run this race together!"



Because of this winter storm  we didnt have church yesterday and activities for today( our Bible study) were canceled..    Im not doing a Beth Moore this time around and I am finding that old patterns are trying to settle back in... it is so easy to become so distracted that one loses all sense of dedication to and perseverance to time in the Secret Place...   I love what Bob Sorge writes in his book about The Secret Place," Not only will this book help to defuse your personal struggles related  to the secret place, it will also inspire you to the thrilling  exhilaration of developing a personal connection with God. Your heart  will be ignited with passion for Jesus."


That is what I truly yearn for... passion for Jesus, the Lover of my soul.   Today I dwell on Psalm 42.... one of my very favorite passages...

As the deer pants for streams of water,

so my soul pants for  you, O God.
2 My soul  thirsts for God, for the living God.

      When can I go and meet  with God?
3 My  tears have been my food

      day and night,

      while men  say to me all day long,

      "Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember

       as I pour out my soul:

      how I used to go with the multitude,

       leading the procession to the house of God,

      with shouts of  joy and thanksgiving

      among the festive throng.
5 Why are you downcast, O my  soul?

      Why so disturbed within me?

      Put your hope in  God,

      for I will yet praise him,

      my Savior and 6 my God.

      My c]">[c] soul is downcast within me;

       therefore I will remember you

      from the land of the Jordan,

       the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
7 Deep calls to deep

      in the roar of  your waterfalls;

      all your waves and breakers

      have  swept over me.
8  By day the LORD directs his love,

      at night his song is with  me—

      a prayer to the God of my life.
It is that very deep place  where my spirit longs to connect with the spirit of God... where words are unnecessary.. and flesh has no substance.. where I can soar with the eagles in perfect union with his spirit and be made whole in body mind and spirit..  Where love  is matchless and divine... where He is all the sustenance I can ever need!   I love you , Lord!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~