Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday


“Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name”
~ Psalm 100:4 (NIV)

SO much to be thankful for, indeed,  yes!  And so easy to  falter and  live life  like we dont really  mean it or understand  the meaning of  the word thankful....
 One poster    on this  theme  today  said  she was thankful for His word....   and my goodness,  without His word, the Bible,  how would we ever  begin to  know Him  and  His  purposes... so  yes, the scriptures  are  the most precious  things we have....  and we   meditate on them,  we  sing them,  we  memorize them and we  think we  know them... but until they become  a  true part of our heart  we  do  not  fully apply them and live them  as we  should...   I believe the longest distance in the world is the distance from the brain to the heart.  This week I am meditating on Romans 12:12... a simple  scripture
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  
Short, direct,  to the  point  of  what  to do   as a child of God....  easy to memorize,   words full of promise and seemingly easy enough to live by....
  a perfect life verse....
  Yet  when I  really contemplate   the import of each phase   and  judge my life on  its meaning  I  come up short... 
  If I lived these 3 simple  phases,   would I  feel  sometimes defeated, discouraged,   fearful....I  understand  them in my mind... but in my heart Im not so sure....  
  I am so thankful for God's word  that    demonstrates  the Truth and the Way..  and I  am also thankful for the Holy Spirit  who  comforts and  shines His light into our lives to  demonstrate  the areas where our mind and heart arent quite   equally yolked on  scriptures and  where  a yielding of our heart places  must  occur  that we might fully apply  the Truths of scripture and live in peace,  and joy,  freedom from fear,  patiently waiting on God's  promises and His  restorations and healing.   To  the place where  the subtle voice of the enemy  will not  have the power to undo us in times of  struggle and trial and  we will  listen instead to the steadfast true voice of  the Holy Spirit  directing us in  the Way of the Lord....  Yes,  there are mighty things of God  for which to be thankful...  and  for those I fall on my knees!

There are days

when I feel

The best of me

is ready to begin (the end)

Then there's (the) days
when I feel
I'm letting go
and soaring on the wind
'Cause I've learned in laughter or in pain
How to survive!
I get on my knees! (x2)
There I am before the Love
That changes me
See I don't know how
But there's power
When I'm on my knees

I can be
in a crowd
Or by myself
and almost anywhere
When I feel
there's a need
To talk with God
He is Emmanuel
When I close my eyes, 
no darkness there
There's only light!

I get on my knees (x2)
There I am before the Love that changes me
See I don't know how, but there's power
In the blue skies, in the midnight
When I'm on my knees 
I get on my knees (x2)
There I am before the Love
That changes me
See I don't know how, but there's power
When I'm on my, oh, when I'm on my
When I'm on my knees
 Jaci Velasquez


Today visit Women Taking A Stand for more TT!

3 comments:

  1. Romans 12:12. What a great verse to meditate on! Expressing our thankfulness to God will help us to be "joyful in hope, patient in afflication, faithful in prayer."

    Blessings! Hope to see you tomorrow for Follow Me Fridays. :)

    http://findingtheinspiring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, what would we do without His precious word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem/song... God's word is so powerful and so comforting all at the same time. What a blessing and your snow flakes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~