Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Bit of This and That

Photobucket
If it's Tuesday, it's time to join Shannon at  The Cozy  Home Scenes.
Collections of things that have special meaning  to me and our family  make  a house a home....
Photobucket
My  love for the primitive weeping willow  as  depicted in the previous post

Photobucket
As stated before the  weeping willow design  means eternal life which is our most  precious  attribute as a Child of God...

Photobucket
My   tastes usually run more  toward Olde World  , medieval  decor...   probably due to my  unwavering interest in genealogy  and my    year of living  in Castle  Country(Germany) our first year of marriage.  I can't help  but be drawn to castle  and  cottage miniatures..
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Especially since my maternal  grandfather  hails from the Cotswold area of  Britain... then I get all excited about sheep 

Photobucket
Which somehow  naturally leads me to a love of English teacups.....  and if you can follow that  line of reasoning..... but to me it makes  perfect sense!!!
Photobucket
Our house  translates  the  intricate  patterns of  life and history that make our family    who we are....  and  brings  our  being all together   in  our home!











1 comment:

  1. I like your cute castles and houses and enjoyed why you are drawn to them. I don't really have a collection of houses but I have a few that I have had for years. Thank you for coming to Your Cozy Home Party. --------Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~