Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Tree's Up!



Katherine's Corner is home to this blog party!
One of my  favorite things is decorating for  Christmas!!!!   I am so  excited to have  one of my trees up and decorated today!!!  I dont know why  but  it has  been     a  time trying to get my  dear  hubby to help  get   the tree going...   he is  such a  whiz  with the lights....!!!   It is a very sad thing to see a pre-lit tree  lose its    illumination.....   but the tree is  so   nice..  I   will not despair  just  call for  recruits to add more!!!


Once the  lights are   affixed then  it's my baby!!! 
But  until   Lynn  has   set it  aright I   spend my time   working on   small  vignettes around the room..... 

 I   really     had  a   difficult   time with the mantel....   I   tried various   things.....  and nothing  would quite come together....   until   I  brought out Mr. and Mrs. Fox.....   
HAHAH,   immediately   one of my   favorite  Aesop's  tales   came to my mind....
The Fox and the Grapes 
ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”
“IT IS EASY TO DESPISE WHAT YOU CANNOT GET.” 

Well,  my   friendly   foxy  couple   need not fear ....  having  tasty grapes and apples   at arm's length  all through the holiday... that will make for a happy   duo   through to Epiphany! 


And that      takes care of   two major   areas...   but alas,  it does   make  so many  areas  of the house  scream..." what's next???"


It's back to the drawing board!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful home. Your tree and decorations are gorgeous. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.xo P.S. I post out decorations .

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~