Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday









Visit the Diary of the SAHM for more!

So 2012 is coming to a close... is it me, or are the years speeding past.... I'd say it has been a good year.... bittersweet in many ways... with my aging parents.... I have certainly learned a lot this year.... taking responsbility for their finances, health and living decisions, getting their home ready to sell has been something that, at first, seemed so overwhelming to me that I remember sitting and crying in reluctance.... I just didnt feel up to the challenge.... but day by day God gave the strength and power to do it.... step by step... in this I am truly grateful.... knowing how He provides. 

So as I contemplate 2013 I am stronger and more able to deal with whatever may come!

The Weather:::

31 degrees cloudy and cold. It is now 10:30 am and we have just returned from taking the kids to meet their train for their return home to Boston....We were up at 4:30 preparing to get them from the inlaws and take them back to the station about an hour's drive away....yes, I cried as the t rain pulled out of the station!

Right now I am: 

Enjoying a large cup of tea and enjoying getting back to blogging... I have been hit and miss lately due to my horrid laptop which has now been so nicely replaced.

Thinking:

Wondering, really, about what the new year will bring... I refuse to dwell on the what ifs... and hope for good things to come our way 

On my reading pile::: 

I am finishing my Christmas anthology of the year, Christmas Angel...by Jo Beverly. Soon I will be back to working on my Community Bible Study on the epistles... studying Ephesians, and Im excited to be nearing chapter 6 the study of spiritual warfare! 

On my tv::: 

Lynn and I just finished the season 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey last night that our daughter gave me for my birthday. Now I can not wait for season 3 to begin January 6th!!! 

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other)::: 

I really enjoyed this post!
Something fun to share::: 

THis blog really pulled out the stops this weekend giving us some end of the year eye candy! 

On the menu for this week::: 

Monday -We had a lovely breakfast at Cracker Barrel and will sup this evening on our final Diner's club coupon of the ...place undetermined! 

Tuesday - Beef Stew 

Wednesday - hamburgers 

Thursday - Chicken Stirfry 

Friday - quiche 

Saturday - Pizza 

Sunday - Our favorite Chinese restaurant 


On my to do list::: 

Return the kids to the train 

Laundry - as always 

check out how much we blew the budget yiKes!! 

40 WINKS 

Homemaking Tips::: 


As I begin to take down the Christmas decorations I actually intend to throw out the unused, unwanted, broken items tht are clogging up the storage bins! 

Looking around the house::: 

I see Christmas everywhere I look... the start of my after Christmas blues..... I have always hated to see Christmas end! 

From the camera::: 


Our dear daughter, research scientist from Boston, willing to play carols for us on Christmas Day....what a blessing that was! 

On my prayer list::: 


Our hostess says it so well... I agree completely.... 


Always praying for my husband and my children. 


Prayers also for my friends both off and online, for whatever it is they may be needing or going through right now. 

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Psalm 42:7 

Deep calls to deep 
in the roar of your waterfalls; 
all your waves and breakers 
have swept over me.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delish! I have not been to Cracker Barrel in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum great menu. I love Cracker Barrel, haven't been in quite a few months actually, now I'm in the mood, though truth be told I mainly go to stroll around the store lol

    Hope you have a blessed new year :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~