Friday, January 25, 2013

A Closer Look

As I  look around  the  house,   I   use my critical eye  and  wonder, "  what  am I  trying to convey, here"?


I  hope it demonstrates  a n appreciation  for   grace,   both  in gentility and in  God's  perfect  gift to us, in His Only Begotten, Son, Jesus Christ....
Perhaps, one might  suspect    a n appreciation  of  classical thought and    the blessings  we  have in   understanding the past....





If one were to take a much closer look, one would suspect an even deeper context of my reverence for God's Word... we are told to "write them on the door frames of your house and on your gates."Deuteronomy 6:8...

I choose to write them on the walls of our home especially this one that reminds me to put on the full armor of God!!
Ephesians 6:10-18

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
It does  attempt to   create   for  Lynn and myself  a reminder to us that  we a re  God's  beloved  children,  that our  one  true love and trust  is  only    in Christ Jesus, our perfect  visible representation  of the invisible God....   and  we  find our   perfect  shelter and safe haven  under  His everlasting wings!!
Open House Friday @Bernideen's Tea Time Blog


Mosaic Monday @ Dear Little Red House

A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Table Top Tuesday@  A Stroll Thru Life

Favorite Things Thursday@  katherine's Corner

Grace at Home@ Imparting Grace

Home Sweet Home@  The Charm of Home






3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this lovely post.
    Over from Loveliness...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely - well written - I always hope folks can see my love for the LORD in my behavior, my home and in all my life. I do appreciate you sharing this delightsome post with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~