Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday/ Blue Monday

Visit Sandra here for more HHM!



I can hardly believe it is almost mid February... Valentine's Day just three days away.... I know if I looked hard enough I'd find some left over Christmas around the house.... so let's not look, shall we? 

The Weather:::

40 degrees, foggy, and a threat of rain in the 
atmosphere...a good day to stay home

Right now I am: 

Im in my thickest terry robe, enjoying catching up on new blog posts and patiently awaiting my dearest to bring me my coffee 

Thinking:
Tomorrow is Community Bible Study and we are starting the book of Philippians... I havent done my homework yet.... it is also bring a man day.. they 
a re started a men's group.... Im wonder what can I say to entice Lynn to want to go with me

On my reading pile:::
The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin



You Shall Receive Power and Rules of Engagement, Preparing for your Role in the Spiritual Battle~ both by Derek Prince

On my tv:::

Downton Abbey Episode 6

Chopped

here's my vote for Grand Champion chef 


Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Valentine Wreath Makeover

Something fun to share:::

I am doing another virtual regatta.. this time the Austral Pursuit!

a virtual sail from Cape Good Hope to Cape Horn.. it's not too late to set sail with us.... 
On the menu for this week:::
this week I am trying some new recipes 

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
We will be celebrating Valentine's Day on Wednesday this year 
and it will be yummy left overs the rest of the week!

On my to do list:::
Laundry 
Marketing 
Housework 
Celebrating Valentine's Day 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::: 
I purchased the most darling fabric that will go fabulously with my apple dishes. I intend to make a table runner and napkins ... ahem.... pray I can get that done this year. 

Homemaking Tips:::

I am feeling in my spirit and reading the signs of the times and am thinking it's time to do something about becoming a bit more self sufficient by the power of God... Im certainly not omitting God but I actually bought a book on the B&N sale table about planting your own food in small spaces.... that would also require getting into the mode of storing of food.... I am very interested lately in living better on less ideas.
Looking around the house:::

I see remnant of this and that from various activities... so it's time to organize and create a loving more romantic space for the upcoming week!
From the camera:::

a bit of inspiration from last year.....
On my prayer list:::
Friends and Family

Church

Nation

Israel


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. 
Psalm 85:10

I am also posting on Sally's Blue Monday.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see others posting they are praying for Israel ... I do believe we're living in the days of prophesy being fulfilled right before our eyes!! And yes, we definitely don't want to omit God ... but He also gave us brains to use our resources wisely. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need to keep Israel in our prayers; my pastor mentioned this yesterday.

    I love your blues; thanks for sharing.

    Happy Blue Monday, Schotzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pics! And I especially loved the prayers for Israel. I hope you have a wonderful blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for Israel constantly, so glad to see others doing the same :)

    Beautiful pictures :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~