Monday, March 25, 2013

One Thousand Gifts (461-469)


  Join  Ann Voskamp   here  for  more..


   I am  so thankful  for

461.  fun memories   shared  about the early days of motherhood
462.  good news  from  a dear friends healing from  a serious illness
463.  good friends around the fellowship table  Wednesday night
464.  delicious homebaked banana  nut bread  we received  form the neighbor up the street
465.  Special ham biscuits shared  with mom and Joan  at the nursing faciloity..  their  smiles are   so   precious
466.  A hard  eucharisteo   that brought me blessing was  to hear  that   the VA had lost our  paperwork  we had been waiting  16 months for  resolution  and were told we'd have to begin  again... but  a friend helped us at  the  veteran's administration and I  ended up   being able to   get a  document taht  I had jsut  discovered that  I was  going to need for  my dad and I  really had no idea how  I was  going to get it...
  God  works in mysterious ways   to  test our faith....  
467.  What a blessing to get our  rugs  professionally cleaned and fringed.  They are   like walking on  clouds now
  I love them!
468. I  finally decided to keep the  large painting that always hung in my mom's den...  a picture of  a little girl about  10 eyars old   standing  in the  barnyard  with her  blond ponytail.... It always  reminded me and mom of me  and  everytime I looked at it I smiled....  I  just couldnt let it go  in the estate sale!.  It  now  hangs  beside my computer table
469.   my  sweetheart  surprised me and took me to The Summitt to celebrate our 41st anniversary!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very glad you kept that picture!
    It's hard, deciding what to keep and what to let go, and afterwards I still have regrets but need to keep disciplining my thoughts to thank God instead!

    I love your music, by the way! Thanks for that blessing.

    Linking over from Ann's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Schotzy,

    Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up to count gifts. Mmm, banana bread, paintings, and even those hard gifts... yes. Thank you for letting me peek in here today.

    Have a great week.

    Jennifer Dougan
    www.jenniferdougan.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~