Monday, January 20, 2014

Thinking Spring....But It's a Way off Yet

I am so delighted to be featured on Kathy's  Return to Loveliness here this week.   One of the  wonderful parts of blogging is   the associations   connections  to   wonderfully talented   writers and   homemakers  who   share   an affinity  of the  lovely and   uplifting  elements of life.... creating beauty,   enjoyment of  tea,   in all of its accoutrement's and   tastes,   it is always  one of the highlights of my week to  join in with  these  dear  bloggers each Tuesday.


"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant."

- Anne Bradstreet


Last week I   had the great pleasure to  stop in at my very favorite boutique,  Platagenet Rose.  I found this   beautiful  work of art  there...   birds on a limb.... those who know me well, know  exactly  why I am into birds  so much lately.... hint....
'Lil Birdie'
my  little precious!!!!




So     in an effort to jumpstart  a bit of  spring into  my late January days, I am    birding up  the  dining room....  and it actually  worked...  I heard   a bit of birdsong this morning before dawn... the temps were  so mild this morning,   mild before   another bitter cold snap!
"Winter is the time for comfort - it is the time for home."
- Edith Sitwell

Creating  a space  that  brings to mind    sweet  times and memories of family together-time...   that   is a very important component of   my homemaking...
For this  table arrangement  I  brought together  favorite elements...  my wedding  flatwear,  Lynn's mother's  china,  my  newest teapot  and my lovely  birds... 
Every    part of the composite  has its own history and  story to tell,  if  it  could, it would  tell  a story of romance,  heart-warming  tales of  bygone days...Stories I am writing in my  Grammy Journal to pass on to my lil Birdies some day!
This place setting    with its very dainty  teacup is     Syracuse China, pattern, Portland...  I  adore the   deep  colored flowers  and the  soft scalloped edge  banded in gold.

A bit of old-fashioned  beauty! A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Martha’s Favorites @ Martha’s Favorites



Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage



Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations





Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

Share Your Cup Thursday@ http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Your table is very nice and I like the birdie centrepiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is lovely and I too am a lover of our little feathered friends.
    I have a bird feeder right outside my front window so I can watch them all day long. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being featured! Yay!
    Oh that is a lovely pattern! I have a few plates that it reminds me of. But yours are even better! Your little "birdies" feet are adorable!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very special! Love the birds and the china is stunning. Congratulations on being featured. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were lovely photos and I love that saying by Edith Sitwell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post. Love the Sitwell. The baby feet - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like winter and the cooler weather but.......its soooooo long here in Michigan and this year its been really cold with a LOT of snow.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful find! The birds are a wonderful herald of spring! Gorgeous tablescape with treasures! Love the sweet baby feet ;)
    I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~