Monday, January 6, 2014

When It's Just Me...... and Thee (My Lovely characters)

I found this perfect quote in my latest edition of Tea Time magazine..
"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour!'  John Boswell
Just a night for  a sentimental journey to  Northern Ireland!
When the temperatures dip this low,   I    can only think about  wanting to stay indoors and  cosy up with  a  great  book and  a cup of  lovely tea!
Tonight it is An Irish Country Christmas and a mug of  savory Bigelow Cinnamon Stick  tea...  


Barry Laverty, M.B., is looking forward to his first Christmas in the cozy village of Ballybucklebo, at least until he learns that his sweetheart, Patricia, might not be coming home for the holidays. That unhappy prospect dampens his spirits somewhat, but Barry has little time to dwell on his romantic disappointments. Christmas may be drawing nigh, but there is little peace to be found on earth, especially for a young doctor plying his trade in the emerald hills and glens of rural Ireland.
 No, a dainty china cup will never do on such a night as this!  The wind is howling  fit to beat the band.. 

 Roarin, it is,  and a blusterin, too!  The meter is registerin' 8 degrees and with  this wind I 'ate to think  how it feels outside.... Even tho' my fireplace is silent and  cold,  I'm all  tucked into my  heaviest afghan and  my  thickest socks  reading about  my Ulster  folk  enjoying the raging warmth  of a  cottage  aga....   sipping their Christmas  tea.... 

 It doesnt get much better than this!   AW!!!! I know I heard the    moors'  windsong  whistling past my  shutter!  








A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

Martha’s Favorites @ Martha’s Favorites


Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage


Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations



Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

Share Your Cup Thursday@ http://jannolson.blogspot.com

Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. So glad to have you link to Friends Sharing Tea! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just have to pick up your recommended book as inspiration for my first trip to Ireland this summer. Cold winter days do call for a mug, something big enough to wrap the hands around to keep them warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds like one I would really enjoy reading. I love a Christmas story especially from the old country. The covers is so appealing. I often sip my tea from a big ole mug this time of year. I'm so happy to have you come to tea. Hope you're having a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, blessings! My husband brought me that book home a couple Christmases ago and I so love the tellin' of tales by an Irish storyteller! I've a nice collection of the ancient Celtic works and I love to tell Patrick's story come March! Staying cozy in our sub zero temps in South Jersey with my mugga tea today. Yes - perhaps china is too delicate for these minus wind chills. Delightful visiting you today at teatime!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quote and the book sounds marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good book, a cup of tea, and all snuggled in an afghan. Doesn't get much better than that! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~