Saturday, February 8, 2014

I love to Plan a Tea

If   you have   followed along  on my journey  you must know  how I love to plan  tea parties.... and this week   I shared  already about the book chat  I am planning    in  late March with  5 of my very best  friends and prayer partners.  We are   reading the most    wonderful book, Holy Fire, and are coming together   over  tea  to   share   what we have learned...  I can hardly wait,   but in the meantime,  I  get the most  delightful joy of  planning....


 Yesterday, I stopped in at   the library and   perused all the   glorious  books on teas.  I am so glad  Lynn was with me to tote  the books to the car...I got to spend  a good hour   in the afternoon gleaning the pages  for ideas and   tips to  consider.
My desire is to recreate a scene of  shabby  refinement... for   lack of a better description...  I envision C. S Lewis's library, littered with  stacks upon  stack of books  with overstuffed chairs  indented by the seats of  lofty contemporary  scholars who  had gathered for  just such  endeavors.. to chat over  the  writings of the day...ok...   my vision  will be a bit  difficult  to  implement...  but toward that end, I did  do a bit of  redecor-ating...
 Now  please realize this is a work in progress...  for  I still see remnants of Christmas past,  and  our event  will   take place in early spring...   yayayay for spring!  So to begin,  I was just playing around with the furniture.
 You will notice that I have pulled  it all into the center of the room,  making for  a cosy,  if   cluttered  arrangement,  focused on the fireplace, 



which Lynn promises me will  be  alit...  but  even Lynn told  me this morning, it was growing on him...
One part I  truly  revelled in was  house shopping for just the right book to pile into my little stacks..
 Not only for their decorative   addition   by color or  antiquity, but  by their  literative composition  and   interest to  my   sweet group of  friends.
 They in themselves will offer  delightful   conversation starters as we are pouring out our tea and    enjoying the    tasty morsels...

it is a tea, after all.

Watch   the blog  for  more   ideas   and to see how it all pans out....   come to think of it, soon, I need to figure out if I will need to purchase any special new pans...   oh,   the ideas a re fluttering about in my head!
*****
PS. I have had a  wonderful  time studying in my  new "reading room" 

with my feet   propped up  and my  reading  bag handy
   the  setting  is perfection  for my sensibilities... especially,  accompanied by a lovely cup of  Tazo tea.

One of my  springtime themes for the  party will be to showcasae  blue and white for spring  so  I am  enjoying  using my beautiful  transferware...
this cup and saucer is from the Romantic England collection of   Wedgewood, depicting Wiley Lotte's Cottage.  
Another     fantastically fun thing I did today was to  add a  page of pins  on my Pinterest    all about planning my Book Chat Tea....  If you have  time check  it out....if I sound giddy, it is because I am!


Happy  Pink Saturday! 
with
Beverly  at   Pink Saturday
and   Seasonal Sunday   with The Tablescaper

A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life



Martha’s Favorites @ Martha’s Favorites



Tea Time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage



Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations




Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog

Share Your Cup Thursday@ http://jannolson.blogspot.com



Cottage Style Linky Party@ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. These photos show a lovely room for a "Tea" or get together for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a wonderful tea in the making!!!! happy planning!!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your room looks wonderful. Traditional and classic and love the little tea setting area with the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound pumped! I don't blame you, for you have a wonderful occasion to look forward to. I love your blue and white; so very pretty! I look forward to seeing your tea come together. Thank you for coming to tea with me and Happy Valentine's day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you are excited! That's how I get when I plan a large tea. You have a beautiful setting for your book tea. Love your transferware teacup and the sweet scene on it. Looking forward to learning more of your plans for the tea!
    ...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your upcoming book chat tea sounds like it is going to be wonderful, and the Pinterest page is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to enjoy your home by rearranging the furniture for a tea party in the making. I like the idea of reading a book and having friends to share thoughts on it. Your Wedgwood is one of my favorite patterns in blue and white and will be great for March and I envision yellow jonquils in a blue glass vase. Have fun planning and dreaming o the Chat Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue transfer ware! Everything looks wonderful! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blue and white china. Sometimes the planning is half the fun!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is lovely. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your room looks lovely - you've created a wonderful place to enjoy these books and tea. I'm looking forward to more of what you're planning! I am delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cozy space. Love the plaids! A blue and white tea with friends sounds wonderful. I love stacks of books. Have fun planning! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~