Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Vernal Solicitudes

A Haven for Vee

 Click the icon   to  return to   Vee's  Notecard Party!
My box of note cards    make me long for the  mild days of  spring...   days that seem so far away, yet spring   begins in  a  few hours time....perchance if  I just don't  look out my window, and  simply close my eyes and remember  the day these photos were taken,  I  can  feel the  warmth  and   feel the  slight breeze....I might hear the  babbling stream or even a buzzing insect..I think we all carry these memories in our hearts  of  lazy spring days... These Thinking of You cards  capture  the glories  of the vernal  solicitude!
I chatter over stony ways,
In little sharps and trebles,
I bubble into eddying bays,
I babble on the pebbles. 

~Tennyson
How did you think of a clean brown pool
Where flecks of shadows are? 

~Angela Morgan
How fair is a garden amid the trials and passions of existence. ~Benjamin Disraeli


Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy. ~Terri Guillemets

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and such lovely thoughts,thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden photos, my favourite is the shady hosta patch with the gazebo in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your beautiful photos that speak of spring and lovely days to come. Wonderful notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sanctuary garden - a place to be lost in thought and inspiration. Delightful!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things is "silence and solitude" especially if I can do it in a garden.

    Your cards take me away to a happy place....shhh. it wonderful here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...ponds do look a little brown when surrounded by a lot of trees. I liked that quote. All this green is a wonderful antidote for all this white!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go for a walk through this lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images and quotes. Walking in this garden must be heaven! We are all ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Schotzy...what glorious images! It sure has been a long, cold winter and I am SO looking forward to the warmth and color that spring brings! You have created a lovely set of note cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all just beautiful. I'd buy this box of cards in a heart beat. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such tranquil images make for lovely note cards. Your photography is beautiful.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful garden. Your quotes go so well with the photos. Great notecard choices! Looking forward to spring and seeing green instead of white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so appreciative of all the encouraging comments.... this garden is located in our adjoining county, actually very close to the school where I taught for 30 years.... and the owner was one of my dear patrons.... He raises gorgeous hostas and millions of the most beautiful day lilies... we try to go each year during his open house days just for the refreshing our our spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice choices for your March note cards, Schotzy! How nice that you have this lovely garden close enough to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are so beautiful! I love the first one with the brook and all the green! Your peonies are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~