Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
Today:
I'll be glad   to return to cooler weather.....Oh, i know  there are those who are loving this.....  but not me....  I love those 70's days we enjoyed a few weeks ago....   it is approaching 90 here   prior to the noon hour and  that makes  for  an unhappy Schotzy!

Right now I am::: 

in planning mode...
 planning what to take to the pot luck.....  what to take to the Choir retreat.....  just how  much  autumn  should I  begin transforming   the house....   I am READY for Autumn!!!!!

Thinking and pondering::: 
I am so   fulfilled   by  desrie and implementation of my  devotional time  as per the help of Trumpet and Torch Ministeries.....The depth and the majesty of this  is   so    awesome....   just the jumpstart I needed to dig into  the Word of God...Today is day 7  of  the prayer and fast  plan...
On my bedside table:::

leftovers  from  last week's  virus....  the  thermometer... box of tissues....  bag of  cough drops.... uh... time to put those all away! 

On my tv tonight:::  cooking shows mainly

Listening to:::
the air conditioner   whirring and  might I add....  I am very thankful for it.

On the menu for this week:::
no real plans

On my to do list:::
changing   some decor around the  downstairs...dusting and   vacuuming as I go.hehehehe
cooking   the pineapple scallop  form the  pot luck
preparing the  Carolina chews for the  choir retreat
laundry
marketing

    Plans for this week:::
Garden club
potluck/churchwide Business meeting
Intercessors for America  prayer meeting
choir retreat  to  begin   christmas  music

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
who has time

My simple pleasure:::
facetime with Amanda and Birdie
well  Amanda is there,  but   Birdie is so adorable!
and there I am in the   corner making goo goo faces   oh me!
Lessons learned:
the importance and  the principles of self control.....
now if I can  apply them I will  have it made
this from last  time I havent  conquered yet.... better stay up  a while longer!
Looking around the house::
well, I dont feel so bad...looking back  at other September  photos

I  was   feeling the same   push to  hurry Autumn along....
From the camera
September of 2012  my parents were able to  come  over and  have dinner with  us....




alas,  my dad   will be  dining  in heaven today  and my mother has lost about 80 pounds and  can not   get up from her  bed in  the nursing home  today   

Prayer List:::
Our  home, family,    church, the Middle East, the government and nation  and it's   schools and teachers




        Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Philippians 2:14-15

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.

It is evident to me that nothing takes God by surprise...  he  knew full well,  what  would   be the state of the world in these days and   penned His word for us  to know how to live,  be blessed and be a blessing to others!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping you saying you need to put away the leftovers from last week's virus, means that you are doing better :)

    I can't say anything about the September photos because I too find myself wanting to rush Autumn along, I am so ready for it to be here.

    Hope you've had a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that photo of MJ & Pop! so sweet :)

    love you,
    a+b

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~