Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


Visit Sandra here for more HHM!
Today:
perfect weather for me...  with a definite    change in the weather.....  today it wasnt quite a humid as yesterday..
Right now I am:::
I am reveling in the  simplicity yet deliciousness of our   supper....  fresh  green beans cooked with  slivers of  sugar cured ham and new potatoes, corn on the cob, fresh sliced tomatoes,  and  hot cornbread straight from the oven with melted  butter...  Lynn eve  stopped  at the market to pick up a half gallon of  sweet milk....something we rarely enjoy....   and  because I cooked such a grand  supper,  Lynn is   cheerfully doing the dishes.....  I'd say that was a great trade-off!
Thinking and pondering::: Meteorologists Predict Record Shattering Snowfalls Coming Soon; Bread & Milk Prices Expected To Soar
I suppose many of you saw this on facebook today....
can't help but ponder over  this one....  I wonder if anyone could  really be prepared  for   such a winter!   Good time to be  retired and  not have to get out in it!

On my bedside table:::

Trumpet and Torch  Bible devotionals

On my tv tonight:::   probably watch something on youtube.... like yesterday I watched all 6  parts of the PBS Pride and Prejudice....
Listening to:::
Pandora....   The Dan Gibson Channel.....A dreamy Kevin Kern  composition  from The Enchanted Garden is playing!

On the menu for this week:::
simple home cookin'
On my to do list:::
laundry
marketing
doctor's visit
 real cooking
   
 Plans for this week:::
 face time with my Dears!!!!
 Prayer Ministry and meeting
take mother to dentist
phone  appt
doctor's appt
Senior breakfast(YUM)


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
who has time

My simple pleasure:::
facetime with Amanda and Birdie
Little Miss  was  walking   back and forth    with  both arms flapping   happy as a lark!
Mommie and child  enjoying   their time together...Birdie  showed me  "Kitty cat" and    "soft and rough!"
  Did I say she is  brilliant!
And she isnt even 1 yet!

Lessons learned:
Life is short!
Looking around the house::  A change in the dining room   incorporating the  gorgeous blue  plates  I found  this summer  a lovely backdrop to  the   golden   sunflowers
A couple of close-ups  of the simplicity of the mantel
 

Of course,  I have to incorporate  Birdies   in every room!


From the camera

I   love this wall  floral  hanging  vase....  like a  medieval quiver,   I love its handsome  motif...  a  simple addition  of  cut   twigs from the miniature sunflower sprays  I purchased Saturday at the Dollar Tree! Sometime I  will create a seasonal collage of the various arrangements this  vase  has afforded me  over the years!




Prayer List:::
Our  home, family,    church, the Middle East, the government and nation  and it's   schools and teachers




     Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Jeremiah 33:3

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~