Tuesday, September 15, 2015

ABC Wednesday J is for Jam



J is for


 and  when I think of Jam I remember   my dearest daughter's favorite  childhood book, Bread and Jam for Frances , by Russell Hoban!

Bread and Jam for Frances written by Russell Hoban and illustrated by ...

Amanda loved Frances  and  all of her books...
and now that her wee  daughter, Birdie,  is  soon to become a big sister  she is   introducing Frances to  her.... Now  wee Birdie  loves to  have  Bread and Jam read to her each morning over her own toast and jam.... I can imagine  Miss Birdie day-dreaming about   having a bread and jam party with Frances..

  and they would share all their  best loved secrets!
So, last week when  Birdie found this  fairy -like setting  in  our friend's yard  she   swept the chair clean from the fallen leaves, carefully climbed up on it,   and very politely looked around  and asked, "May we invite Frances  for  bread and jam, please?"

5 comments:

  1. i've read that Ja book to my daughter
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know many people who make it... delicious.. and many purposes are suited for it ;-)


    Have a nice ABC-week and day
    ♫ Mel☺dy ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my mother making jam in the summers. So delicious!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful story and oh so polite in the text.. not a set of children's stories that I have read and my children and grandchildren, I shall have a look on line, I love children's literature,
    Best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw cute! JAM or "JAMMIN" as she also call it! i just bought "a bargain for frances" today at a library book sale. :-D

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~