Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hodge Podge Wednesday

Happy Birthday to  your host's     husband......  and many, many more...and it's time for another round of Hodgepodge questions, so here I  go-



1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun? 
Our September fun  starts  in 4 days....  when our   wonderful daughter  ,  grand daughter and   son-in-law  come to visit from  the Boston area...  we  get to see them on average 4 times a year... and  each  visit is a  jewel  

The photo explains it all!!!!


2. You might be described as a natural born teacher,  anyway  that's what I've been told,  and  my daughter would attest   to  wishing I'd quit  "teaching" her stuff.

3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?  Well,  during our trip to  Ireland  even though  we were on a bus trip and didnt have to figure out the driving issues,  the sidewalks were difficult enough to negotiate... so  in Ireland  when walking the sidewalks of Dublin, does one give way to the left or the right....  well,  old tourists  gave  way or  just got out of the way, or  would be mowed over!!!.... There was  absolutely no consideration of the older folk...  hordes of mainly  youths ,  probably  college  students  walked  broadly  across the entire   walkway and  if you  met them , like  every other step,  you  stepped  aside,   into the street or  wherever you could to get out of the way...  Now,  as I  consider this,, and dont get me wrong.. I adore Ireland,   but I think it is an  issue with the world today...  folks just dont    think of others like they used to..  Everyone has their own agenda and  no one pays attention to anyone else....consideration to  the older generation  or   to anyone...   I am also  applying this to drivers...  and   especially  to  those who text while driving...      is seemingly a lost   art...


4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently? I  regretfully must admit to  chickening out lately.... I worked in  education for thirty years,    and it seemed that all the great  summer activities I longed  and  awaited to do like women's Bible Studies  were    taking the summers off  as well.  So  I  went through those years feeling  very left out of the  wheel of  women's  life  in church.Then I retired in 2003  and I  felt the spirit  saying to me   now is your time...  The church  needs   you to say "yes"  when asked..  look for the open doors of opportunity... and I did...  I   suddenly  was  either on or leading multiple committees,  singing in the choir,  attending   morning and evening   Bible Studies,,   helping to start a prayer initiative that is  community wide.. 

But   then my parents  were aging and becoming  very  needy... Now that I was retired  I  was  doing for them.. taking them everywhere,  and  suddenly they were  moving into  Assisted living  and   thereafter  nursing  homes...  I  was becoming more and more overwhelmed as  their only child...  and then we lost dad  Christmas 2  years ago, and  we lost mom last Christmas.. I am convinced they  both held on    til Christmas to get to see  our daughter's family!  But ever since  last Christmas,,, my drive has   dissipated  from me....  and with that drive   going,   I  have one by one stepped down from  assignments at church.... at this time I have prioritized the prayer events  and   Bible Studies as  my  main agenda....  I  do plan to try to  add in the Christmas  Choir    pageant.  I am praying  for the  get up and go to  return...  but  there is something that  is   gone from me... perhaps it is just my  since of loss,  and   it will pass with time. Pray for me in that regard if you think of me, please.

5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
What a timely question...We just saw  War Room  Sunday and I am so  happy to have a platform to highly  give it a
  ... of two thumb up emoticon for you design mr no pr no 2 1420 2
I think every christian  should see  this film....  to me  it should exemplify the normal  christian  prayer life....  it is so encouraging   because  I truly believe  our world is in the mess it is in because Christians  havent  taken on the enemy  with our God given authority that is taught in this movie.. At any rate.. I am  a pop corn girl all the way.. I munch through it all.  Hubby and I will go through the large bag and he'll   go get a refill and we'll   go about quarter way through that....and call it supper!  The prices are  ridiculous,  but as long as it is freshly popped and since we go to the theater about  once in a blue moon,  I go  all  out!!!!!

6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?  I agree,   but not because of what   Henry Ford said,  but  because    someone else said it first.  King Solomon   stated it   like this.....

Life collapses on loafers; lazybones go hungry. Proverbs 19:15

Sounds like foolishness to me!

7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
Cleaning out the store room in the basement.., and sadly, if you look at it now,  you'd never believe how hard we worked in there just last  winter!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday  I   was counted   in the  hundreds, if not thousands, of local  mourners  who stood in a very long line to    pass our condolences  on to the family  of  a reporter  who was  shot down in cold blood last week  on tv  as he and his   lovely reporter  partner  were  filming a live  news segment.  I recognized this young  man immediately  when I saw his  name and  sweet smile that morning a couple of hours later as  the incident  was coming to a tragic   close.  He had been  a kindergarten student in my school in the   early 90's.. I had taught his  wonderful sister  about 5 years  earlier and   his brother  was  my daughter's   best  friend at that time in third grade where I also taught third grade.  I  was   grief-stricken,  as  was  our whole community...  This young  man was such a  gregarious,   amazing man with his whole life before him.   He was engaged to be married, and  actually had an appointment in NC  that afternoon  to interview  for a job  to be closer to his fiancee'.  A senseless act  snuffed out his and  the reporter's lives in less than 5 seconds...
The high school auditorium was   set up  to receive  friends, family and    multitudes of   people  who  felt connected to this   wonderful guy in  some way... either   from  his  school community,     his college  community ,or just because...  I will never forget the  few  minutes I   spent  with  this grieving family....   bearing  so   strongly under the weight of their loss,   yet,  I know that without many prayers  this poor mother and father  will be crushed...  Their  other  grown children have lives  on the west coast.  I  wouldn't be surprised if you  commented on  here once you've read this that you heard about this incident...  I hope you heard how wonderful this young man   and woman  were....  how  vibrant and promising their futures  would have been...I want you to know   how  amazing  this community has  come together to share their love and their  deep  regret  with  these families... there has not been one   negative  word spoken   about  it other than  how  senseless it  was, and it was indeed an evil act.  Yet....
someone I know   in  the UK  researched this incident on line and actually sent me a  site  url  that  was written saying that this  had been a hoax..  that actors  had portrayed this grisly  scene  to fire up  the  talk for gun control.  How could anyone be so  cruel as to do that I cannot  fathom.

The visitation yesterday  started   at 2pm and was set to  go on until 8pm... I and some other teachers  from  my school arrived at 1:15 and  the line  was just assembling...
  we were  about  Id  say  the 100th  in line.. The   local  football teams and all other  athletic  groups   were in line in  full gear  behind us..    The whole   WBDJ  tv station crew was in line   in front of us. I was  hugging  my  daughters friend at 3:30. .. it took that long in line...  my legs were burning  like fire.  I could barely climb the  steps  up fromt eh auditorium floor to   the  exit outside... as we left   the line   was  wrapped  all around inside the building...  I have never seen so much security in of my life..I want the world to know this was no hoax!  And I am definitely in favor of the Second  Amendment   because we do live in a scary  world..   We dont know   from one day to the next what we may be doing...  we have no guarantees  that  when our   loved ones  leave the house  that they will return at the end of the day.  But more than   concerning myself about  gun control...   I   am pleading for  our nation to  fall on their knees in repentance...   for we have fallen so far  away from   the Creator,  we have turned our back on Him,  we have  called    right  wrong and wrong right,    we serve  money  and  every other  licentious  idol  instead of  the Lord God Almighty and  I do believe His judgment  is coming upon our nation if  we do not     turn  and  begin demonstrating  our     heart for God  through  fasting, prayer, and  intercession and  the time is  very short!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~