Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for another round of Hodgepodge questions, so here I  go-


1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
I  decided to take  a political call  knowing that it was    going to be a recorded message,  but I am so enamored with the integrity of the candidate, I  ended up sending him a  sizable  donation!

2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
 I cannot begin to   understand the  terror of   the people who are being  ousted from    their  homeland  or be  killed.... To  even imagine  the   upheaval of  so many lives    and their desperation  is   incomprehensible..and then to be honest,  if  multitudes of refugees started flooding  into my own  city  which is already over burdened with   refugees from  other   parts of the world,  one part of me   fearfully   wonders  that  could this mean  for our  community...     are we strong enough to  endure the  change  that  would certainly  come upon us...  then I  saw today where  hundreds if not thousands of   these refugees are  reverting to Christianity  in  Europe     I  am ashamed of my   revolting   thoughts  and   realize that  God is  allowing this to happen  for a  purpose  far beyond  my  understanding and I can only pray that many will be    find relief,  peace, mercy and transformation they need for their souls.

3. What have you changed your mind about? I believe I alluded to that  in the above question.


4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?.   Well, I'm not  a swimmer so I probably wouldn't be in the pool,   but I  would  probably  find help  for it then leave... I  cant not  abide snakes...

5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!) it has been probably 55 years since I ever  ate one....I don't remember anything good about it.  Funny about this question though,,,   many of my friends are  speaking about   looking into purchasing  mre's  ( Meals ready to eat)  for   preparedness ...   I never thought I'd  ever see  such a time come upon us.   Whenever  I  compare in my  thinking  what an mre  might  be compared to  a Swanson dinner,,,  I don't  know which I would prefer.
 

6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
  We  see  great courage  in the world today   being played out on  news  clips  in the middle east and elsewhere...  whether in life or death  situations or    those who  risk the  persecution of man's  judgment and  vile retorts or worse   for  speaking  on one's  beliefs,  values,  rights, etc.  These seem to be   quite perilous times,  and I personally  do not know how  one  who does  not profess  the  Godhead as  their  covering  and their  heart's desire   can  face  the uncertainty of each new day. The second virtue to me is unfailing love..


7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell? I   am a good speller  but a  terrible  typist.   My  fingers  transpose letters all the time,   or  I  just   type  eschew   and  hit  extra letters...  I  must remember to  correct my  posts,   but alas, I often forget to!


8. Insert your own random thought here.   I  am      particularly sad today because  my  3 day  visit  with our daughter and her family has  come to an end....   and  with her   second  pregnancy advancing  it may be quite a while  before  they get to visit again.   They live 12 hours away. Our  little  granddaughter  turns 2 this month and  got to celebrate  an early  birthday... 
My   heart breaks  each time we say goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can relate very well to living far from the ones we love. My oldest got married in January and is living in WA while her husband finishes his residency there. We're south so lots of miles and hours in time changes. So thankful for technology, which isn't the same as in person, but it helps!

    I'm trying to catch up a bit on last week's HP before next week rolls around!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~