Friday, October 2, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
Well, I was really looking forward to our Sunday School dinner group up in the mountains to enjoy the autumn colors and the exquisite food at the Pine Tavern that was going to be this weekend... but because of this horrid rain and treacherous roads... it is postponed til later in October... I imagine the colors will be even more spectacular.

2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.

Definitely music. I play Pandora all the time..... I love all kinds of music, but gravitate more to Celtic, with a bit of New age Dan Gibson type,,,,or Kevin Kern....instrumental and praise music.... like Selah.... music is my favorite companion here around the house!

3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?


Well, I am collecting a load of toddler Christmas craft ideas to prepare to do with my precious granddaughter when we go up mid December .... My fabulous job besides encouraging daughter during her final weeks of pregnancy, prepare meals and keep our lil Birdie happy! I was so delighted to here that her little Toddler group now that she is in the 2's is teaching them how do work on crafty items... and she is a fast and avid learner.. so this will be soo much fun!!!!


I am feeling the Spirit of God lead me to research what is Biblically involved in "preparing the way of the Lord" I love the song,,,, on this concept, but I am planning a series of blog posts on this, as well!


I love to spend time on Pinterest creating my own boards and have been asked by a good friend for some decorating help, and I am perusing that and Houzz for ideas that would fit her temperament, style, and home requirements.... Her family lives in a delightful farmhouse style colonial with a complete wrap around porch.... so I am really taking this search seriously... It is quite fun!!! 


4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.

Well, we made our favorite game day food today to enjoy as we await the coming deluge... because it is the beast comfort food we do... it is a simple chili / bean pot.... served with fritos to scoop up the delicious broth..

1 lb ground beef... 90/10 

1 small can petite diced tomatoes

1 can kidney beans

1 can red beans

1 onion diced

1 diced orange pepper

1 packet of chili seasoning store brand

1T salt 2 tsp pepper

a bit of sugar to cut the twanginess... just to taste

1.Brown and break up beef really well in a bit of water in the pot so the beef really gets minced stirring with the potato masher

2. Add veggies, beans and spices bring to a boiling stage and drop back to a simmer and let it simmer for at least 2 or 3 hours....

All I know is it tasted really good today!!



5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?



My husband spoils me in the morning.... I mosey on down stairs about 30 minutes after he gets up and he has the coffee ready... He brings me my coffee while I peruse my emails. He then brings me a lovely dish of Greek and fruited yogurt mixed, with fresh berries and topped with granola... I enjoy my breakfast at the computer and he has his standing here beside me at the kitchen sink....

He has always been a kitchen sink kind of guy ... for breakfast.... unless, of course, it is a big family affair... But I love our little tradition we have going on since we both retired..... it's his special way of taking care of me and I enjoy letting him!!!!

6. What small thing have you taken note of today?

Not so small but I delighted this morning to look out and see that my perennial mums are trying so very hard to bloom even in this wet, soggy environment.... I love their hardy determination!!!



7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.

September came and went in a flurry!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Well, I will share the song Prepare Ye the Way ...

that inspires me to do my upcoming series on the same topic!

1 comment:

  1. It's raining buckets here today, and I've got all the ingredients for a big pot of chilli. I"m ready for fall foods. Sorry about your SS trip being cancelled. I love that song too (Days of Elijah) and would be interested in what you learn as you study the topic of preparing. Maybe you'll write a blog post? Enjoy your weekend and stay dry!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~