Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday HodgePodge

Fly Me To The Hodgepodge
Welcome to another edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge. Here we go-



1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?

Organizing the basement.... has been very trying, but well worth the time and labor.... and expense of purchasing multiple storage shelf units.... and tubs.... but we had so much stuff to sort through and major decisions to make... but yesterday we actually took a FULL pick up load of stuff some really good stuff to the Good Will.... The issues come from lack of agreement on some things since some comes from my side of the family and some comes from HIS! 2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10= I've got all the time in the world).

Patience, for me is definitely learned.... at 65 I can say that I about about 65 % of the way to totally patient.. or 6.5 on the scale.... the hard knocks of life well lived is the best teacher.. learning how to deal with unmet expectations. and just learning to wait on major improvements to one's home, til the money is in hand is another.... waiting and taking the hand you're dealt with grace and love is the primary impetus for me, unless, it is waiting for Lynn finish a (not that important) conversation with the guys after choir practice and it is already 9pm... and I want to go HOME!!!! Then all my grace flies out the window!
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
I used to play like I was a fairy as a child... all dressed up in tulle and silk scarves... I would flit all around the yard.... then I used to have the most amazing dreams when I could fly... it was just a natural ability I had to simply float up into the air and soar over the ground.... I travelled many miles soaring in dreams... gosh, I wish I still had those!

4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
Fly Like An Eagle

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirits carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Oh, Lord, its a revolution

Feed the babies
Who don't have enough to eat
Shoe the children
With no shoes on their feet
House the people
Livin' in the street
Oh, oh, there's a solution

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free
Fly through the revolution

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?





Lynn and I along with a couple of other couples would be picnicking at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway.. My basket would have a box of fried chicken from the Roanoker Restaurant, along with a dozen of their fresh baked biscuits, my mother's potato salad, sliced tomatoes to go on those delicious biscuits,a few golden delicious apples to snack on with cheese and crackers, and a couple bottles of Virginia's finest wine, Sweet Mountain Laurel.... and a Dutch Apple pie.
We would be absolutely dining off a red plaid cloth and have several wool throws along to bundle up in because it is chilly up there!!!


6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping....which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?
At this moment it would definitely be landscaping..... I have longed for a brick paved patio right outside our sunroom for years.... We have the perfect, flat area that would be relatively easy to do, but getting it done has been nigh unto impossible... Hubby doesnt want to take up that stand of grass.. he says it is the best grass in our yard.... I say.. then transplant it!!! Just asking for something simple like this"



7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
Well, we have spent more than our usual amount of money lately on the kitchen and our new phones.... we did get to go to Ireland this year, so Christmas will probably be a lean Christmas as it is.... but things just keep coming up.... things that we have had on our bucket list for a long time..... and we have several friends going.... this time on a Viking Cruise down the Danube/Rhine.

Lynn and I lived there along the Rhine for a year in the 70's and we would so very much love to go... but, alas, it truly is quite out of the realm of possibility.... so I will fight for the patio come next spring!!!




8. Insert your own random thought here.

Of all the glamorous and exciting things I've written about on this post... they all pale in significance to one glory fact of our life.... come Christmas Lynn and I will be grandparents to 2 lovely granddaughters....
...

2 comments:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~