Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Return to     The Diary of The Stay At Home Mom here!

On the weather front:
Today is cloudy with  temps in the 60's ... rain is expected


On my bedside table:
God's Cure for the  Post Christian  Syndrome, by James Tarter
Jesus Calling,  by Sarah Young
The Battle Plan for Prayer  by   The Kendrick Brothers
(War Room)

On my TV:
I barely turn on tv   unless it is to watch The Property Brothers
 Barefoot Contessa 
 or  The Middle these days
Hallmark Movies like  Fallen Angel
Fallen Angel

On the menu for tonight:
Spaghetti,  salad, and  Tuscan  bread

The week ahead:~
~choir practice for Christmas
   ~Lynn  to the doctor
~Face time with our kids
~Laundry and cleaning
~ Intercessors for America meeting
~Exercise at the CAC
~Haircut - yayaya finally got an appt


On my To Do List:

~planning a harvest  dinner  party for  a couple of couples
~laundry
~mopping
~dusting
~start packing up   the ton of items  we will
 be  taking  north  this winter
this will be an ongoing  job


New Recipe I tried last week:
Easy Apple crisp  from A Taste of Home ~ photo below!

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.YIELD:12-16 servings
Ingredients
10 to 11 cups sliced peeled tart apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
Directions
1. Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Looking forward to:

Getting all my  "Gonna be a Grannie" gear  for a few days  ( as we eager await the coming of  granddaughter  #2)    Planning   a  whole slew of   fun things to do with  my  precious lil  Birdie   who  is so smart  she loves to  do   crafty things! 
She already is teaching herself to  play the violin!


Homemaking Tip for this week:

Simplifying truly is the best way to  go.. believe me,  I used to go all out and  it just didn't make that much difference,..  except I was too pooped to pop...  so   S_I_M_P_L_I_F_Y!

Favorite photo from last week:


Last we were  invited to dinner  and asked to bring the dessert...  I found this   wonderful   easy Apple crisp  recipe....

This is   delish with the Breyer's Extra Creamy vanilla Ice cream!    YUM!


Lesson learned the past few days:

Keep looking up even in  especially in trials of life..  in everything  give thanks  because  giving thanks activates peace!


On my Prayer List:

family,  church, friends,  our city,  our nation,  the division in our nation 
Israel,  or  government


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new granddaughter!!! And double yay for a new haircut!!! I've made that apple crisp and it is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Hallmark movies that come out this time of year!

    How exciting for a granddaughter!! That apple crisp sounds so delish. ;)

    Love your inspiration too. I love the Jesus Calling for my daily devotional.
    Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~