Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Blessings


Many thanks to Shannon at Sweet Blessings!  I   had been looking for a  great new   impetus to  stay focused on God's word and here it is...  I have a new new notebook and a smooth writing pen and  now  I have  a plan to follow to keep me on track!   



I dont know about  the rest of you  but Im sort of glad    that  Halloween is over...   I like it less and less  as the years go by....  too much  emphasis on  things of evil instead of good...  IMHO, anyway.

I am  much more excited about  November and Thanksgiving...    and   just as  we learned in  the Armor of God    Bible study,   during our  study of the shoes of the peace of the gospel,    giving thanks activates peace...  so let us remember to give thanks   in all things  because  even the trials that  come  to us  are  for our  good...  James 1 :2-4,  2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

4 comments:

  1. I had never heard about that before, "Giving thanks activates peace", but as I sat and thought deeply about it, it certainly does!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Great idea of taking a Scripture verse and spending time on it through writing and meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat idea!! i like to do this into a spiral ring of notecards (a la beth moore's recommendation), but it would be nice to put them into a "thankfulness" journal or something like that.

    love you!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree with you about Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say I respect others ideas regarding their beliefs, but I also am given the right to decide waht comments I will share on my own blog.. if anyone finds my blog offensive, I am sorry, but I stand on my own beliefs and do not cast ill will to others who do not hold with my tenets.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~