1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you?
My grand dad , dad , and husband were and are all veterans who served proudly and loved to share about their experiences and how serving their country impacted their love of country... and appreciation for the military in general.When you grow up with these inspiring men around you, it fosters a true since of patriotism.... for me I cry at parades and love to go to airshows.. I even cry at flyovers at sporting events!!!
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?
I used to watch all the great war movies with dad growing up but since adulthood, and the graphic horrors of war are so intense, I don't particularly like to see modern day war films... Hubby and I like the Longest Day. I loved The Patriot... had to close my eyes a couple of times.... but it was so very patriotic when he picked up that flag and ran into battle.
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu?
I used to get a flu-shot every year at school by the school nurse.... and have kept it up... Thankfully, my experience with the flu has been very limited, indeed!
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are you thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?
Well, I do love Christmas, love the music, the glory of the tree and the garlands, and it is so much work to put together I like to enjoy it as long as I can... I will start listening to instrumental Christmas music actually pretty soon.... But you may not even recognize it as Christmas.... Now don't get me wrong.. I do not like the commercialization of Christmas... we hardly ever even go shopping anymore.. Everything is done online and shipped... I love to gather my own greens or shop a t the outdoor markets for live greens and tie them up with ribbons.. To me the blessing of Christmas is DIY... I have a sort of Olde World attitude towards the celebration!
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
The absolute worst is a snake of any kind.... horrid creatures.... not too thrilled with spiders in the house, but they do eat silver fish which I detest more... I think mice are cute, and read the Church Mouse to my class and we decorated cute little mice, but I don't want one loose in the house!
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?
That is definitely hubby's domain!
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
I love music.... I listen to it just about all the time... I too, love light coming in the windows... and the warmth of the sun on cold fall and winter days. I love the sound of the night winds .. we have many trees and hearing the wind rustling through the trees is comforting to me.I also love the sound of rain at night... when all else is so very quiet! A daily reading of God's Word is the best way to begin my day! It is the beautiful manifestation of the presence of God in our home!
8. My own random thought.
When I think of today being Veteran's Day, as awesome as it is that our country was founded on the blood of the many who gave their life for our liberty... or so many limbs lost, and the sacrifice of time away form family etc... but there is another type of veteran, and well current warfare going on or should be, that of the spiritual warfare we are doing against the enemy of our souls.. All of God's children should be exercising the weapons of their warfare on their knees before God .... by Christ's death on the cross we gained access to the throne room of God and we need to be entering in with our Sword of his word flashing seeking God's favor on our family, friends, our churches, our communities,our nation and the world.