1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
My worst "first world" problem, is storage, just like our host's but not in the same way....I love English china.... and I am a huge collector...but I have no new places to store.. three hutches and new cabinetry in my kitchen and still it is all filled to the brim.... My daughter tells me now if I buy a new piece, I must dispose of an old one.... dilemma,, dilemma!!1
2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse....done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
Obviously, Time's choice wouldn't be mine.... I confess I had to look Angela Merkle up to know who she is...I mean she is alright... I guess.. I didnt actually read too much about her and her stance on things of import.
I probably would have chosen a man of Bi Bi Netanyahu's stature... as a political leader...A man who cares deeply for his people and in my opinion serves them well~
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.
My nativity is in a box at home, but today I am not at home... but visiting my sweetheart granddaughter....and hubby and I gave her her nativity for her birthday a few months ago... and she loves to play with it and retell the story....
This morning we made a craft of the nativity together!!!
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
Aside from the various extra giving we practice to the usual charities and wounded veteran organizations.... my husband and I for several years have made it our joy to give unusually more and unexpected tips to those who serve us.... praying that in some special way the extra money would really be useful in allowing these folks to have a happier holiday or bless others...We also look for ways to love on people who appear to be lonely or forsaken at this time of year... We love to pray for and with people whom the spirit leads us to pray with ...
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
For me,. it is also my granddaughters... one who is 2 and one who will born any hour now... the waiting is what is so hard!
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?
Well, just a couple of minutes ago, hubby offered me one of those special Ritz crackers coated in chocolate that are only available this time of year.. pretty yummy stuff, and I didnt have to make it myself!
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is__________________.
Allowing the light of Christ and the spirit of Christmas to resonant within us.... If we call ourselves children of God, then His word calls us to be image bearers of Christ.... do do and act like Christ did... in love, mercy, compassion, and joy!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
May the spirit of Christmas burn brightly in your lives and and circumstances this wonderful season!