Friday, December 18, 2015

Hodge Podge The Week Before Christmas


1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?

My worst "first world"  problem,   is  storage, just like   our  host's  but  not in the same way....I  love  English china....  and I  am a huge collector...but I have  no  new places to store..  three hutches and new cabinetry in my kitchen and still it is all filled to the brim....  My daughter tells me now if I buy a new piece, I must  dispose of an old one....   dilemma,, dilemma!!1



2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse....done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?

Obviously,  Time's choice wouldn't be mine....  I  confess I had to look  Angela Merkle up to know  who she is...I mean she is  alright...  I guess.. I didnt actually read  too much about her and  her stance on  things of import.

 I  probably would have chosen  a  man of  Bi Bi Netanyahu's  stature... as a  political leader...A man who cares deeply for his people and    in my opinion serves them well~

3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.

My nativity is in a box at home,  but today I am  not  at home... but visiting my  sweetheart granddaughter....and  hubby and I gave her her nativity for her birthday  a few months ago...  and she loves to play with it and  retell the story....


This morning we made a craft of the nativity together!!!

4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?

Aside  from the various extra giving we   practice  to the usual  charities and   wounded veteran organizations....  my husband and I  for several years have made  it our   joy to  give  unusually more and  unexpected  tips to  those who  serve us....      praying that in some   special way the extra money would  really    be useful  in  allowing  these folks  to  have  a  happier  holiday  or bless others...We also    look for ways to love  on  people  who  appear to be lonely or   forsaken at this time of year... We love to pray for and with   people  whom the spirit leads us to pray  with ...  

5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?

For me,. it is also  my granddaughters...   one who is 2 and one who will born  any  hour now...  the waiting is what is so hard!

6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?

Well, just a couple of minutes ago, hubby offered me  one of those special Ritz crackers coated in chocolate  that are only available  this time of year.. pretty  yummy stuff, and I didnt have to  make it myself!

7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is__________________.

Allowing the light of Christ and    the  spirit of Christmas to resonant within us....  If  we call ourselves children of God, then His word calls us to be image bearers of Christ....  do do and act like Christ did...  in love, mercy, compassion, and joy!

8. Insert your own random thought here.


May the spirit of Christmas    burn brightly in your lives and  and circumstances  this  wonderful season!  


Merry Christmas! 

3 comments:

  1. Recently found your blog and just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying reading your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Thanks Amanda.... She my sweet precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~