Monday, March 7, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook





For Today...
March 7, 2016
it is 11:20am  and spring is definitely in the air!
Outside my window...
the daffodils a re    about to  explode into a   mass of  pure gold
green is  greener 
 the word is out...  spring is right around the corner!

I am thinking...
Well, I  tested positive on 21/28  allergens...  and this after  several years of  allergy shots...  I went off them last summer  because I was feeling so much better....  my bad!!!  Within a week of  my allergy tests  I broke out in  a rash    over my legs and feet...  the  Dr.,  nor the allergist , has  no clue as why...  hmmm. 



I am thankful...
 for  spiritual confirmation that  even when the physical seems  bleak,, yet  God is still in control 

I am wearing...
yayayay.... Im in my  lounging  wear... that is a bit of improvement I'd say!!!


I am creating...
sorry to say my creative  gene is asleep  this morning... 

I am going...
to try to really catch up on  things around the house because my datebook is completely clear this week...  well, I do ahve Bible Study    which isnt listed...  But I am up on my  homework  so Im    sitting  pretty  this week..  Another praise!!!

I am wondering... 
if I can really  catch hold of this    tendency  to loose a bit of weight... I've lost  about    4 pounds  recently  and Id like to turn that into 14!  hehehehe

I am reading...
Acts 9
Bible Study   by  James MacDonald... I Want to Change my Attitude


just for fun..  am rereading   some Lynn Kurland books...  I am so glad that I ahve finally  gotten  into reading again..  I  just  couldnt concentrate  there for a while...  recently I've read  3  of her books  and  am  really enjoying them...


I am hoping...
  we get to do facetime tomorrow with our girls.... today just didnt work out  and     I dont do well if I dont get my weekly  dose of  lovin  on time!!

I am learning...
  to be content  with   my circumstances and  life.   We have been blessed and  I  really  want to  downsize and    enjoy living  on less.... we  certainly have all that we need... and  more... 

In my garden...
    we did get   one flower bed  cleared out...  that always   feels so good doesn't it??

now it's time to  shop for  pansies....  I love  this time of year!!!!
 photo 2013-03-29073131_zps4efb05d8.jpg

In my kitchen...
this week  I have soup on my   list....  probably  a bit of potato soup  and maybe  a   veggie beef....




A favorite quote/scripture for today...

Colossians 3:12

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience



      A peek into one of my days...yesterday
well, I was under the weather  so  my day was very low key..
I spent some time with Jonathan Falwell  and  Charles Billingsley    in praise.. Then   I  read some in my book  and  til Lynn came home from church...  in the afternoon  I read some more  and  we  ate  a  simple  bowl of  progresso soup....
Then I propped myself up and    prepared  for  watching  PBS  the rest of the  evening
Did anyone ever  see Giada Valenti's  from Venice  with Love...

then, of course,  there  was  3 hours of  Downton Abbey..
   One of my favorite things...
surprise   emails ...
 we recently had  our  newish neighbors  over for  dessert and  really had a  great time... but  the  layout of our  lawns  doesnt give up ready access to see them coming and going... and folks in oour neighborhood   dont  come outside very much      until  better weather at least... so  we  havent been so chummy  as I would like to be... But last night  she sent me the cutest email  in preparation of the last  Downton Abbey.. some thing  we  all share    a great  affection for...  so cool  because I sent her back one  saying  we'll have to get together for tea and crumpets  to  reminisce   about the program...
 baby steps  toward  waht I hope will be a    rewarding  relationship  between good friends!

From the board room...
This may not be news for  anyone, but if you  do not follow Susan Branch...  you have to start...  her books are so charming and I    love her  posts... so   full of her    artistry and    wit... anyway   this post to Downton Abbey is a must read for all!

Post Script

to coin a phrase   from  Mrs. Crawley..  'We must  Look to the future!'


2 comments:

  1. Dear Schotzy:
    I know that is not fun. I am slightly familiar because my hubby was tested last winter and is allergic to garlic, mint, poppy seed and Ginger. He also had the worse case of hives all over his body and the daily routine he had to undertake was horrible. At one point his face was swollen up huge. So you are definitely in my prayers. You have posted some lovely spring photos here too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~